Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 06-14-2012, 01:13 PM   #16
mr_nobody
Evangelist
mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: kobo mini, nexus 7 (2012), kobo vox
Yeah, the key to testing sleep of death is turn OFF wifi, put the unit to sleep and then try to wake it up 15 minutes later...
mr_nobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 01:42 PM   #17
peterhondak
Zealot
peterhondak is on a distinguished road

Device: KoboMini (mine and MIL) KoboVox(returned), sonytouch(mom's),samsung7"
YEAH!!!! I'm charging up my VOX as I'm typing so I can do my update!!!!

So now that googleplay is available, what does that mean exactly? (for someone who has used computers for years I'm very slow when it comes to all this new stuff)
peterhondak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 01:53 PM   #18
jiminrussell
JimInRussell
jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.

Device: kobo Aura One, Forma, Elipsa, Sage
Oh well, left it sitting in standby for about 10 minutes with wireless off and it did turn back on but within about 1 minute it was frozen and had to do the 10 second power button thing to get it to reboot, what a pain this is. I guess they will never get it fixed as this has been a problem for me since the Dec. 2011 update.
jiminrussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 01:56 PM   #19
hameedn
hameedn began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Having GooglePlay means you have now access to Google Market where you can get all the google applications etc..
hameedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 02:00 PM   #20
Kboland
Zealot
Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox, iPod Touch, Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Seems we need a new rooting procedure. I just went through the ZergRush procedure, and no joy ;(
Kboland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 02:01 PM   #21
hameedn

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_nobody View Post
Yeah, the key to testing sleep of death is turn OFF wifi, put the unit to sleep and then try to wake it up 15 minutes later...
It is not happening to me.
Old 06-14-2012, 02:12 PM   #22
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I just did the upgrade on the the wife's Vox and I am delighted... The mutiple calendars we have under Google Calendars now work correctly
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 02:12 PM   #23
mr_nobody
Evangelist
mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hameedn View Post
It is not happening to me.
Yeah but was it happening to you before? We are interested in whether the update fixes sleep of death which does not affect all devices.
Old 06-14-2012, 02:15 PM   #24
estelle58
Cat lover
estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, Kobo Vox, Kobo Glo, iPad mini, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Aura
I have a little question: I have Angry Birds that I got from GetJar do I have to delete it and dowload it again from Google Play if I want to update it?
estelle58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 02:18 PM   #25
Kboland
Zealot
Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Wake from sleep seems cured on my device, and it's not showing any symptoms of SOD after being in standby for 15 minutes with wifi off. Now just to get it rooted again.
Old 06-14-2012, 02:27 PM   #26
hameedn

Quote:
Yeah but was it happening to you before? We are interested in whether the update fixes sleep of death which does not affect all devices.
I don't think it is ever happened to me. I just tested for curiosity.
Old 06-14-2012, 02:50 PM   #27
mr_nobody
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kboland View Post
Wake from sleep seems cured on my device, and it's not showing any symptoms of SOD after being in standby for 15 minutes with wifi off. Now just to get it rooted again.
Did you have SOD before?
Old 06-14-2012, 03:10 PM   #28
hameedn

Quote:
Originally Posted by estelle58 View Post
I have a little question: I have Angry Birds that I got from GetJar do I have to delete it and dowload it again from Google Play if I want to update it?
Yeah, If you need to update Angry Bird I would recommended to download one from Google Play. In future, when there will be another update then you will be notify and it will do automatically.
Old 06-14-2012, 03:10 PM   #29
Kboland
Zealot

Quote:
Did you have SOD before?
Only occasionally would my unit act funny when waking from standby with the wifi off. I was however really annoyed by the constant battery drain brought on by the unit waking from standby every 2 minutes. That seems to be cured now.
Old 06-14-2012, 03:52 PM   #30
BWinmill
Nameless Being

Does it still have root access via adb?