Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 07-06-2008, 07:31 PM   #1
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
'No information available on this ebook'

Thanks to the very helpful responses to my last post I am getting my mobipocket library set out the way I want it - by author's name - by using mobi2mobi and the list display options.

But I cannot insert the name into some ebook files - I do everything the same as when I get the author's name into other ebook files, but the name just doesn't stick.

I've noticed with these files that when I use the 'display ebook information' option with the mobipocket reader I get a message to the effect that there is no information available. What am I doing wrong? Or if it is the case that the fault is in the file how do I change the file so that there is information? Perhaps if there is information the author's name will stick.

Regards, Alex
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 09:11 PM   #2
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBell View Post
Thanks to the very helpful responses to my last post I am getting my mobipocket library set out the way I want it - by author's name - by using mobi2mobi and the list display options.

But I cannot insert the name into some ebook files - I do everything the same as when I get the author's name into other ebook files, but the name just doesn't stick.

I've noticed with these files that when I use the 'display ebook information' option with the mobipocket reader I get a message to the effect that there is no information available. What am I doing wrong? Or if it is the case that the fault is in the file how do I change the file so that there is information? Perhaps if there is information the author's name will stick.

Regards, Alex
The mobi2mobi script should work directly. I assume you are using the GUI and I think you have to first convert the book to a real mobipocket book first and then add the information you want to add.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 09:35 PM   #3
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks, Tompe. I'll give that a try and let you know.

Regards, Alex
Old 07-07-2008, 06:49 AM   #4
AlexBell
Wizard

Yes, setting up the new mobi file enables me to put the author's name in and make it still.

But even when I have done that there are still several files on my computer which the mobipocket reader says have 'no information for this ebook' even though I can read them and their cover graphic shows when I select them.

Regards, Alex