Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 04-28-2012, 07:29 PM   #61
AlexGrama
Writer
AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Nexus 7
I found the charger and here are the specs.

INPUT: 100-240V ~ 150mA 50-60Hz 10-20VA
OUTPUT: 5V - 750mA

Is the Nook compatible?
AlexGrama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 11:45 PM   #62
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexGrama View Post
I found the charger and here are the specs.

INPUT: 100-240V ~ 150mA 50-60Hz 10-20VA
OUTPUT: 5V - 750mA

Is the Nook compatible?
Yes, it is compatible.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 03:32 AM   #63
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
Quote:
That's not the point. I don't want to destroy the battery if the voltage is different from the charger.
As has been mentioned in numerous previous topics in this and other subforums all chargers that has the correct plug are compatible with all devices it fits to in theory. I say "in theory" because a small number of devices appear to be a little bit picky, but all that happens then is that the device doesn't charge (or even discharges because it things it's connected to a computer in data mode), but no harm is done. Nook is not reported as being one of those "picky" devices.

That's why I say "Probably. Just plug it in and try.".
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 11:33 AM   #64
AlexGrama
Writer
AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hi guys. Just an update and some questions. The battery meter shows now 59%, but in the last three days I used it quite a lot. But that's not the point. I encountered two problems.

I have a 4 GB microSDHC and I sideloaded around 200 books. It worked fine but sometimes it got laggy and, in my opinion, there weren't so many books. I would have understood being laggy at 1500 - 2000 books but at 200, no. The other one is that, sometimes, if I put it to sleep while being in the book, when I wake it up afterwards it shows me one the Home Screen "on page 1 of 1". I searched the web and the solution is to delete the book and load it again which is kind of a hassle.

Anyway. I think I'm going for at least 2 weeks with this first charge and I hope with the next one, at least a month.
Old 05-05-2012, 05:19 PM   #65
AlexGrama
Writer

Something odd happened today. 24 hours ago, when I went to sleep, it showed 48%. In the morning, still 48% but I played with it a little, completely skimmed through (keeping pressed the side buttons) a book of 120 pages and it dropped to 47 and quickly to 46. This happened in the morning. Now, I opened it and it shows 40 percent. Six percent loss without using it. :|
Old 05-05-2012, 06:17 PM   #66
Bittybye
Addict
Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T2
I'm having some trouble with my new Nook too. The battery goes down very quickly, going from 100% to 70% or so in a few hours. I did side load several books (120 or so) and read for a few hours.

I was just wondering if like the Kindle Wifi if it processes the books, which in turn drains the battery quicker. I have put more than 1200 books on it win in the two weeks I've had it so that would be a large battery drain if it's anything like the Kindle.

As it is I'm getting only a few days on a charge. Returning it would be hard (if not impossible) as I live in Canada and someone I know who was going the Vegas pick it up for me.
Bittybye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 07:54 PM   #67
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bittybye View Post
I'm having some trouble with my new Nook too. The battery goes down very quickly, going from 100% to 70% or so in a few hours. I did side load several books (120 or so) and read for a few hours.

I was just wondering if like the Kindle Wifi if it processes the books, which in turn drains the battery quicker. I have put more than 1200 books on it win in the two weeks I've had it so that would be a large battery drain if it's anything like the Kindle.

As it is I'm getting only a few days on a charge. Returning it would be hard (if not impossible) as I live in Canada and someone I know who was going the Vegas pick it up for me.
Did you bypass the registration process?
Old 05-05-2012, 08:02 PM   #68
Bittybye
Addict
Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
Did you bypass the registration process?
No, I registered it.
Bittybye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 08:53 PM   #69
afv011
Captain Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bittybye View Post
No, I registered it.
In that case it is not normal. I would suggest you reboot it and see if it continues to happen.
Old 05-06-2012, 02:38 AM   #70
AlexGrama
Writer

Mine dropped another 2/3 percent overnight. From 39/38 to 36 percent.
Old 05-06-2012, 08:58 AM   #71
RAH
Guru
RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Color Nook; Nook Touch
Bittybye, it sounds to me as though you have a bad one like mine. You should read this entire thread and several others about what to do about it if you cannot return it.

I don't see why it should matter how many books you have on it. Perhaps DOING THE COPYING to the Nook uses up some power, but once that is done and they are just sitting on the device, it should not matter at all, assuming you are not bouncing around from book to book constantly.
RAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 09:31 AM   #72
AlexGrama
Writer

RAH, should I wait to drop bellow 25 percent before I charge it?
Old 05-06-2012, 10:23 AM   #73
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
Usually depletion is a little faster when you're closer to to discharged battery. I don't see any reason to keep holding off the recharge unless you're consciously trying to calibrate the meter. Ypu're not doing your battery any service at all by doing this, as I've previoulsy mentioned.
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 10:35 AM   #74
RAH
Guru
RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Color Nook; Nook Touch
Quote:
RAH, should I wait to drop bellow 25 percent before I charge it?
I just about always charge mine when it gets below 30% but I try not to let it get below 25%. I think this is a nice compromise. I mean, I don't disagree with Asawi's thoughts about how to treat a battery nice, but you don't want to carry the idea to extremes and be charging it when it gets down to 90% every 2 or 3 days! That said, if you itching to charge it when it is in the mid-30% or you have a convenient time then, I agree with Asawi that you should.

I have also noticed what he said - the depletion gets faster as it goes down, so if you are at a convenient time to charge in the mid-30%, you might as well.
RAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 10:42 AM   #75
AlexGrama
Writer

Yes, it does gets faster as it goes down. I'll let it go to 30 and charge it.