Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 03-14-2012, 08:08 AM   #61
fekhner
Addict
fekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: DRs, EE, ipad/iphone, Helix
Works perfectly here as well, thanks a lot everybody!
fekhner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 07:12 AM   #62
kammerer
Connoisseur
kammerer doesn't litterkammerer doesn't litter

Device: nook
Hi all, i upload new version of Orion for edge. Could anybody give me device information for edge (and for pocket) - via Orion/Options/Device (it's last entry in Options), so i can move edge build to _2screen build.
kammerer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 12:27 PM   #63
fekhner
Addict
fekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animals

Hi, sorry for taking a bit of time, I just installed it, seems to run nicely ...

I am not sure if the info is really useful, here it goes :

Manufacturer: unknown
Model: edge
Device : edge
Old 03-26-2012, 09:39 AM   #64
vldmr
Bigendian confidologist
vldmr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vldmr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vldmr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vldmr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vldmr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: edge & edgejr
Quote:
Originally Posted by kammerer View Post
Hi all, i upload new version of Orion for edge. Could anybody give me device information for edge (and for pocket) - via Orion/Options/Device (it's last entry in Options), so i can move edge build to _2screen build.
My EE:
Manufacturer: Htc
Model: Nexus One
Device: edge

My PPE:
Device: edgejr

Manufacturer and model were modified by install of all-mine - a unofficial system mod that allows to access google market and run google applications on edges. Thus seems the only reliable indication is "Device" being either edge or edgejr
vldmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 10:27 AM   #65
fekhner
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by vldmr View Post
My EE:
Device: edge

Manufacturer and model were modified by install of all-mine - a unofficial system mod that allows to access google market and run google applications on edges. Thus seems the only reliable indication is "Device" being either edge or edgejr
Are you saying that you also have an all-mine system mod for the full sized edge which makes market work ? So you can do better than Android version 2.2.1, kernel version 2.6.34 (build master@zeke #1), build number ERMINE-0.9 ? If I missed the instructions on how to do this, I would be most grateful for a link to the relevant post ...
Old 03-26-2012, 06:26 PM   #66
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
vldmr, I have to echo fekhner's question - how did you do it on the EE? Maybe a step by step would be a help.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 09:26 AM   #67
vldmr
Bigendian confidologist
vldmr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vldmr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vldmr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vldmr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vldmr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: edge & edgejr
I installed allmine on EE using hand edited allmine for PE, which did not went smoothly, but ended happily, as reported in main allmine thread. I do not remember much besides those accounts as I did not fiddle with that any more ever since.
vldmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 11:17 AM   #68
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis
AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several eReaders and tablets
Here are the strings for my EE:

BTW, I tried:

orion_viewer_0.27.4_edge_eink_beta.apk
orion_viewer_0.29.0_edge.apk
orion_viewer_0.29.3_android.apk

and all fail to display the current page on the e-ink side.
The e-ink settings are greyed out, as well. It looks like my device is not recognized as "e-ink capable". Any ideas?

Last edited by AlPe; 04-03-2012 at 11:24 AM.
AlPe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 01:58 PM   #69
fekhner
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlPe View Post
Here are the strings for my EE:

BTW, I tried:

orion_viewer_0.27.4_edge_eink_beta.apk
orion_viewer_0.29.0_edge.apk
orion_viewer_0.29.3_android.apk

and all fail to display the current page on the e-ink side.
The e-ink settings are greyed out, as well. It looks like my device is not recognized as "e-ink capable". Any ideas?
I believe that you have to change the permissions of /dev/graphics/fb2 to r+w for everybody, it will have to be done at each reboot or it can be automatized at start-up, see the extensive discussions here
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=171123
especially the discussion at the end of page 2.

(the e-ink settings are also greyed out for me, but the pages still display on the e-ink side ...)
Old 04-03-2012, 03:42 PM   #70
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis
AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you for the tip, I'll give a try at that.

kammerer told me that the e-ink menus are for tweaking the NOOK only.
Old 04-03-2012, 04:03 PM   #71
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis

Great, it works now! Thank you for the pointer!
Old 05-19-2012, 03:01 AM   #72
kammerer
Connoisseur

Hi all, edge build now is moved to _2screen apk file.
In 0.31.0 version added support of xps and cbz files, and some fixes.
There are also 0.31.1_test build where i try to replace page rotation to screen rotation [landscape, portrait] (to make it uniform for all devices), but i couldn't check is it work properly on edge, could anybody do this?
Also all build files and dependency libraries are added to git repository so build procedure became easy (see README file in root folder for more information).
Old 05-19-2012, 09:48 PM   #73
fekhner
Addict

just installed the test version, works fine, not quite sure what you want me to test concerning screen rotation: anyhow, when trying to do it through the rotate button on the tablet side, it does not rotate the e-ink side nor the tablet side , when trying to use the menu item "screen rotation" and toggling landscape/portrait, the tablet side rotates but not the e-ink side ...
Old 05-20-2012, 01:33 AM   #74
kammerer
Connoisseur

Yes, i want to test "when trying to use the menu item "screen rotation" and toggling landscape/portrait, the tablet side rotates but not the e-ink side ... " this control. And if turn some pages after landscape rotation is result same?
Old 05-21-2012, 07:08 AM   #75
fekhner
Addict

unfortunately the e-reader side does not seem to follow the tablet rotation, even after a couple of page turns, sorry ....