Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-09-2008, 07:46 PM   #31
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Ooooh! Great! Finally I'm good fer something. I'm offering to dismantle the desk in small pieces and hide them in toothpaste tubes. What i'll need is 12487 plane tickets to move them to a safe place in Zambia. Who can get them for me?
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 07:48 PM   #32
tirsales
MIA ... but returning som
tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505 and *Really* not owning a PRS-700
No problem. Just get me the money (please include additional 50% for tax and stuff) and I get you the tickets
tirsales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 08:10 PM   #33
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by tirsales View Post
No problem. Just get me the money (please include additional 50% for tax and stuff) and I get you the tickets
Dear tirsales. I have transferred the required funds to your Swiss bank account. Thank you kindly for offering your services. A toast shall be offered in your honour at the event (it may have to be Chinese Whispered up the table, however, as my voice only has a certain degree of carry).

Yvan, you're a champion. The way you can not only build an infinite dining table but dismantle it into pieces which are obviously themselves infinite in size that then fit inside a finite number of toothpaste tubes and planes is the reason your woodcraft skills are known and admired across the multiverse. You're good for that, but you should know, however, that even in the absence of those skills you were always going to be/were there at the party, yes?

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 08:40 PM   #34
tirsales
tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks montsnmags. Choosing the Swiss account was wise considering Lichtensteins present problems, you are really farsighted. Might I inquire how you managed to deposit that money retroactively?

The tickets should be present in the last drawer of that desk. I believed that to be the most comfortable solution, as Yvan should have easy access to them.
Old 06-09-2008, 08:57 PM   #35
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by tirsales View Post
Thanks montsnmags. Choosing the Swiss account was wise considering Lichtensteins present problems, you are really farsighted.
To quote Lisa Simpson, "I can see through time".

Quote:
Might I inquire how you managed to deposit that money retroactively?
You are, of course, most welcome to enquire via my solicitor's office (Dead, Dead and Mostly-Dead Partners - my zombie-lawyer batallion), however they are notoriously unhelpful and brickwallish and I am, alas, obliged to take their advice since I pay so damned much for it. Good luck with that. Let me know how you get on.

Quote:
The tickets should be present in the last drawer of that desk. I believed that to be the most comfortable solution, as Yvan should have easy access to them.
Thank-you most kindly. See you at the party: Be there or be cubic, and miss out on Queen Zee doing a Mobius Strip (he says with an overt meta- to T's poetry).

Ahhh, Yvan. Of all the lovely people that are caming to my party, it is Yvan the Deskal Larcenist I trust/have trusted most completely. He hads my absolute and infinite faith.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 09:05 PM   #36
tirsales

Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
Should be most welcome in avoiding problems.

Quote:
You are, of course, most welcome to enquire via my solicitor's office (Dead, Dead and Mostly-Dead Partners - my zombie-lawyer batallion), however they are notoriously unhelpful and brickwallish and I am, alas, obliged to take their advice since I pay so damned much for it. Good luck with that. Let me know how you get on.
I fear that I must decline your very kind offer - I have quite a delicate nose and most zombie-lawyers tend to use over-flowery parfums.

Quote:
Thank-you most kindly. See you at the party: Be there or be cubic, and miss out on Queen Zee doing a Mobius Strip (he says with an overt meta- to T's poetry).
I wouldnt have be missing that for anything. Your invitation is/was most welcome. Please remind me to invite you to a drink of whatever liquid or other pourable material you like.
Old 06-10-2008, 04:54 PM   #37
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post

Ahhh, Yvan. Of all the lovely people that are caming to my party, it is Yvan the Deskal Larcenist I trust/have trusted most completely. He hads my absolute and infinite faith.

Cheers,
Marc
Hey, no prob, all I had to to was find the original bits of wrapping the first Big Bang Ball came in, reshape them and voila; free passage through time and matter.

I'm also good for the next party... it was great! You sure know how to throw them! What do I have to bring, how did you like the matter attenuation diverter? Went down real smoothly. I'm sorry that Harry did not get the core of his table, all he got was the basic outline. I'm still trying to find it but I can only guess as to what fold of the continuum it might have hid.
Oh... yes...oh right! Got to go I think I know where it is.
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 04:57 PM   #38
tirsales

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvanleterrible View Post
Hey, no prob, all I had to to was find the original bits of wrapping the first Big Bang Ball came in, reshape them and voila; free passage through time and matter.
That is quite ingenious!

Quote:
I'm also good for the next party... it was great! You sure know how to throw them! What do I have to bring, how did you like the matter attenuation diverter?
At the very least it provided a welcome diversion!

Tags
clouds of enlightenment, desk, dickens