Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-31-2012, 11:50 AM   #91
mr.w0lf
n00b
mr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with others

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by yosoyeleze View Post
Hi

Great job! safely install the auto-rotate in my KT. But ... when after a time without using the screen saver is activated (sleep mode) is no longer possible to use the function. Someone came up? We must change something? regards
nope.. sometimes it happens, sometimes not.. btw restarting the device fix it
mr.w0lf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 03:06 PM   #92
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by xuewy View Post
My KT is 5.0.1 when I got it. the jailbreak and installed yifanlu's UI Launcher for screen rotate. After upgrade to 5.0.3, the UI Launcher still work, then installed the KTRotate_0.1.zip by seaniko7, everything fine except the same issue as Pirl8 described above, hope to solve it as soon as possible, then everything perfect.
Same problem here.
I just received a push update to 5.0.3 (damn!) and found this problem.
Anyway, it works fine in pdf reader, no problem there!

PS As the Kindle has been just updated, did I loose the jailbreak?

Thanks
silver18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 04:27 PM   #93
jeanne_cz
jeanne_cz began at the beginning.

shortcuts file change after update

FYI:
I received a push update to 5.0.3 too, and i found a difference in 5.0.0 version; There is a link in wiki to shortcuts file in /usr/share/webkit-1.0/pillow/javascripts/debug_cmds.js but this file is missing in my 5.0.3. Instead it I found nearly the same file as /usr/share/webkit-1.0/pillow/debug_cmds.json
I edited this file and added my custom shortcuts ";ls" and ";po" which runs my shell script in
1] /usr/local/bin/landscape.sh with lipc-set-prop com.lab126.winmgr orientationLock L command
2] /usr/local/bin/portrait.sh with lipc-set-prop com.lab126.winmgr orientationLock U command
changing orientation with shortcuts now works perfectly as before
jeanne_cz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 10:12 AM   #94
mr.w0lf
n00b
mr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with others

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver18 View Post
Same problem here.
I just received a push update to 5.0.3 (damn!) and found this problem.
Anyway, it works fine in pdf reader, no problem there!

PS As the Kindle has been just updated, did I loose the jailbreak?

Thanks
no, your kindle should be still jb if amazon didn't removed the sign yifanlu hack has placed with the official ones (and it's unlike they have do this).

if you want any of the old 5.0.1 software just PM me witch you need, my kindle is still "outdated"

btw, anyone who have problems with auto-rotating hack: try to exit the book you are reading and manually place the kindle in sleep mode. that should prevent it from blocking (grandad-like solution but it should work.. or at least a grandad told me he never got problems by always doing that).

sorry for the worse english ever, really fuzed right now
Old 02-02-2012, 11:57 AM   #95
yiming
Zealot
yiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle Touch, PW2, PW5
Here's the solution to the known problem of 1-2 characters being cut off on the right of the screen under KT version 5.0.3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by igich View Post
KT I have version 5.0.1 jailbreaked (kt-jailbreak-503) and installed KindleLouncher-1.0.1, usbnet-1.1. After the software update from version 5.0.1 to 5.0.3 I get a problem when opening of mobi format in ladnscape mode. The page is shifted to the left and the last syllable from the end of the sentence does not read. Fortunately I had kept /opt/amazon/ebook/lib directory from version 5.0.1 and I replaced MobiReader-impl.jar and everything works well.
igich has provided the MobiReader-impl.jar file at the above thread. Please remember to backup your original MobiReader-impl.jar in case you want to revert the change.
yiming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 06:39 PM   #96
seaniko7
wannabe developer
seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kindle: 2xKeyboard, Classic, 2xTouch, 2xPW, PW2; Onyx: Boox M92
Automatic rotate hack installer with MobiReader-impl.jar from 5.0.1 :
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/16679763/KTRotate_0.2.zip
seaniko7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 07:15 PM   #97
yifanlu
Kindle Dissector
yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle 3
I hope you guys are backing up your old (new) jar because all amazon updates update the jar files and if you don't back up you won't be able to upgrade to the next version.
yifanlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 07:19 PM   #98
seaniko7
wannabe developer
seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.

@yifanlu, uninstaller contains backed-up files.
Old 02-02-2012, 07:31 PM   #99
Pink Floyd
Pink Floyd began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mimas
Thank you guys,
all of you,
KT is going to be much better than past.
cheers

P.S. Sorry for leaving a post for saying thank you
Pink Floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 08:14 PM   #100
yosoyeleze
yosoyeleze began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yifanlu View Post
I hope you guys are backing up your old (new) jar because all amazon updates update the jar files and if you don't back up you won't be able to upgrade to the next version.
Sorry... Where is MobiReader-impl.jar in my KT? How to make a backup? Thanks
yosoyeleze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 09:45 AM   #101
diba
Addict
diba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolate

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4, Kindle PW, Nexus7 3G
Is it correct, that this rotaion hack is only working with the gui launcher? I installed and found no other way to activate. And this is completely fine for me, the launcher is perfect for this.
diba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 12:00 PM   #102
victor_2203
Connoisseur
victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaniko7 View Post
@yifanlu, uninstaller contains backed-up files.
Is your KTRotate_0.2 based in the YifanLu GUI Launcher orientation hack? Then, if I install your hack it installs automatically the MobiReader-impl.jar from 5.0.1; and if I want to update the Kindle in the future I unistall your hack and it restore automatically the MobiReader-impl.jar from 5.0.3. Doesn't it?
victor_2203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 12:32 PM   #103
seaniko7
wannabe developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by victor_2203 View Post
Is your KTRotate_0.2 based in the YifanLu GUI Launcher orientation hack? Then, if I install your hack it installs automatically the MobiReader-impl.jar from 5.0.1; and if I want to update the Kindle in the future I unistall your hack and it restore automatically the MobiReader-impl.jar from 5.0.3. Doesn't it?
Exactly.
Old 02-03-2012, 12:44 PM   #104
mr.w0lf
n00b

ok, updated the first topic with updated version of installer.seaniko, you are a pro
Old 02-03-2012, 03:32 PM   #105
victor_2203
Connoisseur
victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.

I have installed the KTRotate_0.2 and everything seemed well. However, when I open a book with images (The Little Prince or the The Adventures of the Black Hand Gang for example), all the images are cutted in any view mode (portrait and landscape). I have checked with more books with images and the issue persist. Finally I have decided to unistall the hack and the images are shown complete again. Could this issue be fixed?
victor_2203 is offline   Reply With Quote