Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-09-2012, 05:14 PM   #166
bibahbuzemann
Addict
bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: PRS-T1
Stylus

I don't use it.

But it does fit nicely on the inside spine of the startechik case. I geuss I'd like the case even better if it didn't, because then the allready compact case would be just a few mm smaller.
bibahbuzemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 05:30 PM   #167
soseono
Connoisseur
soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle 4, Sony PRS-T1 (formerly PRS-500 & 505), iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by bibahbuzemann View Post
I don't use it.

But it does fit nicely on the inside spine of the startechik case. I geuss I'd like the case even better if it didn't, because then the allready compact case would be just a few mm smaller.
It's likely just thanks to the leather (flexible) material and the magnetic closure that it has a little bit more leeway.
soseono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 05:34 PM   #168
bibahbuzemann
Addict
bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: PRS-T1
Yah, you're right, and the design which folds back perfectly for a one handed fit.
bibahbuzemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 06:21 PM   #169
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asawi View Post
I have a red T1 in my home now (it will be passed on to someon else after I have played with it - oops, I mean evaluated it) and it's in a white standard cover. Stunning!! I don't like the thought of ruining the great look of the red device with straps, and the plastic frame hold the reader REALLY securely (it's actually rather hard to get out of the case).
(Not sure how the white cover will look after some time, tucked in and out of handbags and what have you.)
Anyway, contrast is definitely a nice way to go!! And black/white is one of my favourite combinations! (Hence the dog! )
I have had a red T1 and the white lighted Sony cover for a few months now, and I love the combo; I'm happy now that I didn't go for the red reader with the red cover. I'm really happy with the Sony cover, and i like it more than the lighted cover for the 350, actually. I've been carrying the white cover in my purse and it still looks like new. I don't tend to keep many things that could dirty it in my purse, though.
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 06:28 PM   #170
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinandgreek View Post
I have had a red T1 and the white lighted Sony cover for a few months now, and I love the combo; I'm happy now that I didn't go for the red reader with the red cover. I'm really happy with the Sony cover, and i like it more than the lighted cover for the 350, actually. I've been carrying the white cover in my purse and it still looks like new. I don't tend to keep many things that could dirty it in my purse, though.
Thanks for the feedback. I was wondering if the white case showed dirt and wear easily.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 06:56 PM   #171
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
Thanks for the feedback. I was wondering if the white case showed dirt and wear easily.
I was worried about that too, and I was told that I had three months to return it if I wasn't satisfied with it. I'm actually very happy at how new it looks. Mind you, I tend not to keep things that could dirty it (pens, makeup) in the same pocket as the reader, so I suppose I have babied it to an extent. It wipes off very easily, though.
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 07:06 PM   #172
dracodoc
Connoisseur
dracodoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dracodoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dracodoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dracodoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle DXG, Sony T1
A $9 case

http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/sto...52921665937155

This is a discontinued case by Sony that fits T1 perfectly.
I don't like to hold a case while reading, so I only want a case for carrying it and protect it in bags.

I bought it from amazon for $8.62
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00..._ya_os_product

Choose one of the other seller. I used the cheapest one.

dracodoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 07:54 PM   #173
seajewel
Fanatic
seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-950
slightly OT, but i like how that white T1 looks. I'm not a fan of white electronics in general and I do think a darker bezel makes the screen look lighter (to me, anyways), but your white T1 looks very sleek! If I were getting a T1 I might consider getting that white one and skinning it eventually when I get tired of the white.
seajewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 08:15 PM   #174
simplyparticular
Guru
simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3 & GlowLight 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by dracodoc View Post

I don't like to hold a case while reading, so I only want a case for carrying it and protect it in bags.

Thank you, thank you!

I already have this case and have used it with my 300, 350 and Opus. I was hoping the T1 would fit, as I don't like the Sony covers. No need to buy a new case when I get my T1!

Now I just need to decide what color T1...
simplyparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 11:03 AM   #175
dracodoc
Connoisseur
dracodoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dracodoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dracodoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dracodoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle DXG, Sony T1
Did you try it in store?
Sony store will have all colors in demo. Bestbuy, target should have black one in demo.

The surface of T1 make it easy to collect finger prints, and black one will be messy after some uses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyparticular View Post
Thank you, thank you!

I already have this case and have used it with my 300, 350 and Opus. I was hoping the T1 would fit, as I don't like the Sony covers. No need to buy a new case when I get my T1!

Now I just need to decide what color T1...
dracodoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 08:57 AM   #176
simplyparticular
Guru
simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3 & GlowLight 4
Quote:
Did you try it in store?
Sony store will have all colors in demo. Bestbuy, target should have black one in demo.

The surface of T1 make it easy to collect finger prints, and black one will be messy after some uses.
No Sony store here - Best Boy has the black one out but I couldn't get near the display for very long during the holidays with antsy kids and crowds.

I'm leaning towards the black and skinning it. The skins all seem to leave a little of the bezel showing, and black always appears to make the text pop and the background whiter.
simplyparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 04:40 PM   #177
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:

I bought it from amazon for $8.62
[url]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002ODL7YO
It's not a case. It's a sleeve. It's not a good sleeve at that. It leaves one side open so things in your bag can get at the Reader. Plus, it won't fit the Reader if there is a case on the Reader. So when you take the Reader out, you have no protection at all.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 12:55 AM   #178
mapabl
Enthusiast
mapabl understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'mapabl understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'mapabl understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'mapabl understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'mapabl understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'mapabl understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'mapabl understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'mapabl understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'mapabl understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'mapabl understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'mapabl understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: iPad Air, iPad Mini. Nook Glo, Kindle Paperwhite,
JSWolf....you are not entirely correct. I have this case/sleeve now on my T1 and it works great if you don't mind the T1 unprotected when reading. There is actually a little felt piece that can cover the open end of the case covering the T1 inside (you can see the flap utilized in my photo). I hook my stylus in one end and a rubber stylus in the other end. Yes, the T1 is unprotected when removed but some people like that. The case itself is quite sturdy. All depends on the style you are looking for.
Click image for larger version

Name:	008.jpg
Views:	421
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	81116
mapabl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 04:42 AM   #179
LuvReadin
Addict
LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1 and Cool-ER
Quote:
Yup, that's the one, since it's also the exact same place I got it.
So is the UK site the same as the German one, then? Your comment that you weren't able to find an English web-portal seemed to indicate it wasn't.
LuvReadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 04:56 AM   #180
gentleice
gentleice began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-T1, iPad (destroyer of eyes)
Quote:
-
- The FITT: This case fits better than the Gecko and lots better than the Navitech. There is no danger of the T1 slipping out. The frame that actually pins down the reader is precisely cut plastic, embossed with a good leather imitation. It's slimmer than the Gecko, Navitech and lighted Sony covers, so it fits in all my jacket inside pockets(and it's light). With the others this is either impossible or a seriously tight fit. There's room for the stylus nonetheless.
I can't absolutely tell from the pictures, but it looks like the top is "open", in that there's nothing to hold the reader down from that angle. It's entirely the frame that hold the reader inside the case. From what you've said here, it's a precision fit. Is there any danger of this becoming loose in time? I had an open-top casing like this for my old HP iPAQ and while it started off being a perfectly snug fit, that was no longer true after around 4 months and the iPAQ fell out very easily.
gentleice is offline   Reply With Quote