Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 12-26-2011, 08:49 PM   #1
jasmith74
jasmith74 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Metadata from Calibre not showing up on books in Nook ST

I just got a Nook Simple Touch for Christmas and I have only had Calibre for a couple weeks now so I am very new to this. I have edited the metadata in books that are part of a series and edited tags. When I add the books into my Nook Simple touch the metadata for each book is not showing up. I have tried and re-tried with no luck. I noticed on my Nook in "my files" the driveinfo.calibre and the metadata.calibre cannot be read by the Nook. Could this be the problem? And how do I fix this?
jasmith74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 10:24 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmith74 View Post
I just got a Nook Simple Touch for Christmas and I have only had Calibre for a couple weeks now so I am very new to this. I have edited the metadata in books that are part of a series and edited tags. When I add the books into my Nook Simple touch the metadata for each book is not showing up. I have tried and re-tried with no luck. I noticed on my Nook in "my files" the driveinfo.calibre and the metadata.calibre cannot be read by the Nook. Could this be the problem? And how do I fix this?
those 2 file are made by and for Calibre use only.

It is important the the book and templates resolve to unique names or the device may consider them duplicates.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-26-2011, 10:26 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Nooks dont have support for series and tags metadata. You can root your Nook I believe the alternate firmware does.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 08:08 AM   #4
jasmith74

I have read that other people that have a Nook Touch can add the series info to the title through the metadata plugboards and have the info transferred to the Nook. Does it not work that way then? So I should just use the Shelves option in Nook....I was really hoping for Calibre to be the one place to store ALL my books and be able to know what book in a series comes next with out having to go to my computer to look it up
Old 12-27-2011, 08:11 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You can certainly use a plugboard to put the series into the title. But that makes it a part of the title, not a separate piece of metadata.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-27-2011, 08:58 AM   #6
jasmith74

I have done that and it is still not showing up in the title...do I have to add the series information to the actual title itself in the "edit metadata" area? That may be why it is not showing up.....
Old 12-27-2011, 04:49 PM   #7
jasmith74

I have edited the metadata and added the series number to the actual title...then sent that to the device...went in to the Nook files on my computer and deleted the old files of the books with out the series # in the title and all seems fine now Thank you for all the help It is appreciated!

Tags
calibre, metadata, nook simple touch