Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2011, 05:37 PM   #16
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The iPad 2 is a tablet. It's not a dedicated reader and thus, it doesn't belong in the survey. It you remove it, I'll take the survey.
Old 12-10-2011, 08:38 PM   #17
Arsh505
Arsh505 has much to be proud ofArsh505 has much to be proud ofArsh505 has much to be proud ofArsh505 has much to be proud ofArsh505 has much to be proud ofArsh505 has much to be proud ofArsh505 has much to be proud ofArsh505 has much to be proud ofArsh505 has much to be proud ofArsh505 has much to be proud ofArsh505 has much to be proud of

Device: Kindle
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The iPad 2 is a tablet. It's not a dedicated reader and thus, it doesn't belong in the survey. It you remove it, I'll take the survey.
Hello, appreciate your suggestion.I have used iPad to know if iPad receives enough feedback to replace dedicated e-readers. Thx
Old 12-10-2011, 11:15 PM   #18
Belfaborac
Wizard
Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-950
This:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWinmill View Post
One suggestion: survey questions relating to a particular device should be optional or have a 'no opinion' option, simply because it's impossible to complete the survey without distorting your results if you aren't familiar with that product.
And this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The iPad 2 is a tablet. It's not a dedicated reader and thus, it doesn't belong in the survey.
I completed the survey since I happen to own one of the few devices on it, but quite frankly the result will tell you nothing of any value.
Old 12-10-2011, 11:42 PM   #19
GA Russell
Bombers, Elks now 0-3
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
I suspect that too few people are sufficiently knowledgeable about all five choices to give worthwhile opinions.
Old 12-11-2011, 12:57 AM   #20
Ubermensch
Connoisseur
Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Answered the survey!
Old 12-11-2011, 11:16 AM   #21
Daithi
Publishers are evil!
Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Kindles
I did the survey 5 times, so I hope that helps. Just kidding , I only filled it out once.

BTW, if this is for a school project, your grammar on a couple questions could use a proof reader.

"Which e-reader according to offers good battery life?"

"Would you replace your e-reader for Tablet PC?"

Also the questions at the end are Yes/No questions but are labeled, "1 is Low and 5 is High."

Anyway, good luck with your project.
Old 12-11-2011, 12:11 PM   #22
Halo
Connoisseur
Halo did not drink the Kool Aid.Halo did not drink the Kool Aid.Halo did not drink the Kool Aid.Halo did not drink the Kool Aid.Halo did not drink the Kool Aid.Halo did not drink the Kool Aid.Halo did not drink the Kool Aid.Halo did not drink the Kool Aid.Halo did not drink the Kool Aid.Halo did not drink the Kool Aid.Halo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Kindle DX 1st Gen, Kindle Fire 1st Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsh505 View Post
Hello, appreciate your suggestion.I have used iPad to know if iPad receives enough feedback to replace dedicated e-readers. Thx
Using that logic, a laptop or desktop computer is an ereader.

Last edited by Halo; 12-11-2011 at 12:18 PM.
Old 12-11-2011, 12:18 PM   #23
Halo
Connoisseur
Halo did not drink the Kool Aid.Halo did not drink the Kool Aid.Halo did not drink the Kool Aid.Halo did not drink the Kool Aid.Halo did not drink the Kool Aid.Halo did not drink the Kool Aid.Halo did not drink the Kool Aid.Halo did not drink the Kool Aid.Halo did not drink the Kool Aid.Halo did not drink the Kool Aid.Halo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Kindle DX 1st Gen, Kindle Fire 1st Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWinmill View Post
One suggestion: survey questions relating to a particular device should be optional or have a 'no opinion' option, simply because it's impossible to complete the survey without distorting your results if you aren't familiar with that product.
I've seen a lot of surveys that fail to give a 'no opinion' option and it's really annoying. In those cases I choose the middle option as a way to split the difference. If there is an even number of choices, I choose the middle one of lower value.
Closed Thread