Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-17-2011, 09:56 PM   #601
shibamistress
Groupie
shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KSO (3G), Nook Color, android apps
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuklachica View Post
I am confused.... I just got a KSO and don't see any of these offers... only an AT&T one, $25 off software, ABC's Revenge and something else... but neither of these. Also, don't have any of the screen savers (though I did check them off in the Manage Kindle area). What am I doing wrong? Wi-fi is on.
You only get the newer offers that are active when you got your KSO. These are older offers, so you won't get them (but you will get whatever new ones come out).

As for the screen savers, I'm not sure. You mean you don't have any screen savers? I didn't know we could get rid of them, so I'm a bit puzzled by that.
shibamistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 09:58 PM   #602
kuklachica
Enthusiast
kuklachica began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3G/WiFi
Ok... that stinks. I really wanted the Biography for $1 offer! Darn!

I don't know about screen savers... I saw someone talking about landscapes and such.. and in the Manage Your Kindle area on Amazon you can check off what you like- nature, architecture, photography, etc. I only have 3 screen savers - Audible, Amazon, and ABC. Maybe I am misunderstanding the whole screen saver thing?
kuklachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 10:00 PM   #603
kuklachica
Enthusiast
kuklachica began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3G/WiFi
Also, someone posted that the biography offer, for example, was good until Oct 9th (or Oct. something). Would that be considered an "active" offer?? Unless the date was posted wrong above?

EDIT: I get it now, there is a "claim by" date and "expire" date. I will get used to this soon!
kuklachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 10:04 PM   #604
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
I am confused.... I just got a KSO and don't see any of these offers... only an AT&T one, $25 off software, ABC's Revenge and something else... but neither of these. Also, don't have any of the screen savers (though I did check them off in the Manage Kindle area). What am I doing wrong? Wi-fi is on.
New offers are only available during a 4-day window. You have to claim these offers on your Kindle during that time. If you fail to do so, you lose out on that offer. Past offers are not available to you.

Be sure to claim the software offer before midnight PDT tonight (5 hours from now) or you'll lose out.

Remember, claiming an offer is not the same as buying an offer. Claiming just reserves that offer for you. You then have approximately one month to decide if you actually want to buy it.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 10:06 PM   #605
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

I don't know about screen savers... I saw someone talking about landscapes and such.. and in the Manage Your Kindle area on Amazon you can check off what you like- nature, architecture, photography, etc. I only have 3 screen savers - Audible, Amazon, and ABC. Maybe I am misunderstanding the whole screen saver thing?
You'll have to hack your Kindle to put other screensavers on it.
Old 09-17-2011, 10:32 PM   #606
cfo
Connoisseur
cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KSO, iPhone4
Quote:

Screen savers on a KSO will always be ads and active offers only. Selecting your screensaver preferences in the Manage Your Kindle section doesn't do or change anything if you have a KSO.

I think it's a pretty good trade-off though. The KSO offers are worth more to me than screen savers to which I don't really pay attention.
cfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 03:26 AM   #607
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

New Offer (claim by 21 Sep)

53- Get a $5 Credit on a $5 Amazon Instant Video purchase -- expires 21 Oct

Quote:
1. Request the promotional offer on your Kindle with Special Offers device.

2. From the Amazon.com Instant Video Store, spend $5 or more on Amazon Instant Video purchases or rentals sold by Amazon Digital Services, Inc. (“ADSI”).

3. Complete your purchase no later than 11:59 pm (Pacific Time) on October 21, 2011.

4. Your Amazon.com promotional code will be placed in the Amazon.com account associated with your Kindle with Special Offers device after the offer period but in no case later than November 21, 2011.

5. Limit one promotional code per customer and per device.

Expiring Offers (links in OP)
  • 42- Save $40 on a $100 endless.com Watch -- 20 Sep
  • 43- Save $5 on a $10 Amazon.com purchase -- 20 Sep
  • 44- Get a select Kindle Book (Business & Investing) for $1 -- 24 Sep
  • 45- Save 50% on Back-to-School Groceries -- 24 Sep
  • 46- Save $20 on a $50 Coffee & Tea Essentials purchase -- 28 Sep

Last edited by tubemonkey; 09-18-2011 at 05:12 AM.
Old 09-18-2011, 03:55 AM   #608
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Archived Offers (Apr~Aug 2011)

27 Apr: Get a $10 Amazon credit w/ Visa purchase of Kindle titles -- 1st offer
01 May: Get a $20 Amazon Gift Card for $10
05 May: Get a $9 (or less) Amazon MP3 Album for $1
09 May: Get $30 Amazon Denim Shop merchandise for $10
13 May: Save 50% on Roku Players (HD, XD, XDS)
17 May: Get $100 instantly with new Amazon Rewards Visa Card
21 May: Get 6 Audible Audiobooks (6 month membership) for $6
25 May: Save 50% on Kindle Lighted Leather Covers
29 May: Get a $5 Amazon Gift Card with a $5 Kindle Singles purchase
02 Jun: Save 20% on select HDTVs
Save 25% on entire order at endless.com
Save $50 on Strathwood patio furniture when you spend $100
Get $30 Amazon Swim Shop merchandise for $10
Get a $20 Amazon Gift Card for $10
Save $20 on Power & Hand Tools when you spend $30
Get a $10 Amazon Gift Card when you spend $10 on select Kindle titles
Save $20 on select vehicle GPS units
Save $15 on Kindle Skins when you spend $20
Save $25 on Camping & Backpacking Gear when you spend $50
Get a $10 Amazon credit with a Visa purchase of select Kindle titles
Save $10 on any physical Video Game
Save $5 on Videos at Amazon Instant Video
Save $25 on Baby Products when you spend $50
Get a select Kindle title for $1
Save $10 on Sun Care Products when you spend $25
Save $10 on Kindle Accessories when you spend $20
Get $25 Amazon Gift Card when you buy an Android Smartphone
Save $20 on Beauty Products when you spend $40
Save $25 on Jewelry when you spend $50
Get a select Mystery / Thriller title for $1
Save $10 on Blu-ray Movies & TV Shows when you spend $25
Save 25% on select Cameras & Camcorders
Get a select Humor title for $1
Save $40 on select Printers
Save $10 on Toys & Games when you spend $25
Save 20% on select Laptops
Save $15 on School Supplies when you spend $30
Save $5 on Kindle Reading Lights
Save $25 on Textbooks when you spend $100
Get a $5 Amazon MP3 credit for Free
Get a $50 Gift Card with new Amazon Rewards Visa Card
Save $40 on a $100 endless.com Watch
Save $5 on a $10 Amazon.com purchase
Get a select Kindle Book (Business & Investing) for $1
Save 50% on Back-to-School Groceries
Save $20 on a $50 purchase of Coffee & Tea Essentials
29 Aug: Save $25 on a $50 purchase of Back-to-College Gear

Last edited by tubemonkey; 05-24-2012 at 04:32 PM.
Old 09-18-2011, 08:39 AM   #609
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
You have to look at the CLAIM BY dates - once that date has passed, you won't see the older offers (the EXPIRES date is the date by which you must USE the offer, assuming you claimed it).

New offer (sign up by Sept 21)

Spend $5 and get $5 in the Amazon Instant Video Store Expires October 21, 2011
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 06:22 AM   #610
hermitscr
hermitscr began at the beginning.

Device: kindle, iphone
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
You have to look at the CLAIM BY dates - once that date has passed, you won't see the older offers (the EXPIRES date is the date by which you must USE the offer, assuming you claimed it).

New offer (sign up by Sept 21)

Spend $5 and get $5 in the Amazon Instant Video Store Expires October 21, 2011
Is that an amazon associate referral link? Are they allowed? If so, I'll post mine too
hermitscr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 06:46 PM   #611
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by hermitscr View Post
Is that an amazon associate referral link? Are they allowed? If so, I'll post mine too
Yes, provided it isn't cloaked (no tinyurl) and you have something new to post.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 04:00 AM   #612
brdwygurl
Connoisseur
brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kindle and iPad
New upcoming offers:

Save $10 on a $20 purchase at wag.com

Buy 1 of 100 romance titles for $1

Save 50% on a Kindle power adapter and USB cable at amazon.com

Last edited by brdwygurl; 09-20-2011 at 04:04 AM.
brdwygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 03:56 AM   #613
brdwygurl
Connoisseur
brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kindle and iPad
New offer

Buy one of 100 romance titles for $1

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.htm...d_i=1000718791

To redeem this offer:

1. Visit the offer details page here, click "Enter Your Code" and enter the following code:

2. Once the promotion code is applied, browse our list of qualifying books on the offer page.

3. Choose one of the qualifying Kindle books, and click the "Buy" button before the promotion expires at 11:59 pm (Pacific Time) on Tuesday, October 25, 2011. You will be charged $1, and your discount will be reflected on your email purchase confirmation.
brdwygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 05:28 AM   #614
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by brdwygurl View Post
New offer

Buy one of 100 romance titles for $1
Offer must be claimed by 25 Sep
Old 09-22-2011, 05:41 AM   #615
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Expiring Offers (links in OP)
  • 44 - Get a select Kindle Book (Business & Investing) for $1 -- 24 Sep
  • 45 - Save 50% on Back-to-School Groceries -- 24 Sep
  • 46 - Save $20 on a $50 Coffee & Tea Essentials purchase -- 28 Sep
  • 47 - Save $25 on a $50 Back-to-College Gear purchase -- 01 Oct
  • 48 - Save 40% on select Kindle Covers -- 05 Oct