Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 09-15-2011, 09:58 AM   #2581
Calibrefan
Enthusiast
Calibrefan began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
It seems that the metadata updated as I now see e.g the following format in the list.

Wot - 01 - The Eye of the World
Jordan, Robert - Wheel of Time 01.00

To be sure I set the sort option again as you recommended and did a full restart but no change for the better yet. Could it be that the format "Wot - 01 - Title" interferes somehow as I do see a different format in your setup i.e. just the title alone without the "Wot - 01 -"?
Calibrefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 10:14 AM   #2582
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calibrefan View Post
It seems that the metadata updated as I now see e.g the following format in the list.

Wot - 01 - The Eye of the World
Jordan, Robert - Wheel of Time 01.00

To be sure I set the sort option again as you recommended and did a full restart but no change for the better yet. Could it be that the format "Wot - 01 - Title" interferes somehow as I do see a different format in your setup i.e. just the title alone without the "Wot - 01 -"?
Obviously the metadata plugboard you added is working right.

Did you reset the option in PRS+ settings after you disconnected from the computer? It currently isn't saving the setting for me. If I restart my device or connected it to the computer I have to choose the order setting again.

I guess you could add the title_sort part of the plugboard that I had listed but I'm sure your title field isn't affecting it.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 09-15-2011 at 10:16 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 10:17 AM   #2583
Calibrefan
Enthusiast

@ dwanthny

In the mean time I took the plunge and changed my plugboard so that it is now identical to yours:

format: device-db
device: any device (or PRS505)
template: {author_sort} {series:| - | } {series_index:05.2f}
destination: author_sort
template: {author_sort} {series:| - | } {series_index:05.2f}
destination: authors
template: {series} {series_index:05.2f||-}{title}
destination: title_sort

However, there's no change regarding the 'next books in collection' option although the book list looks decidedly better without the "Wot - 01 -" format so we're moving in the right direction :-)
Old 09-15-2011, 10:22 AM   #2584
Calibrefan
Enthusiast

Oops our messages crossed. In my case PRS+ saves the settings correctly but doesn't seem to apply them.
Old 09-15-2011, 10:26 AM   #2585
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calibrefan View Post
Oops our messages crossed. In my case PRS+ saves the settings correctly but doesn't seem to apply them.
PRS+ saves everything fine for me but that one setting. But it works great for me. I guess I have the better deal.

Sorry I couldn't help with a work around.

The good news is you can now return your titles to normal since the complex abbreviations are no longer needed with the full series name in the Author line.
Old 09-15-2011, 10:37 AM   #2586
eXistenZ
Connoisseur
eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Kobo GLO
It's weird!
I have the same problem of Calibrefan.
I tried the plugboard settings by dwanthny (Thank you)
Then deleted al books, calibre metadata file and reuploaded them to the reader (350) to be sure to have a wole new metadata file, then unplugged the reader and setted the sort option again.

Now instead of showing me "next books in the collection" it shows me "books in a random collection"or random books at all.

By the way in the book list I see Autor-sort - serie number as in dwanthny's screenshot.

Any Idea?
eXistenZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 10:46 AM   #2587
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired

I guess the metadata in those fields has nothing to do with this feature.

Here are the facts about my device.

PRS-950
24 hour format (general settings)
Eastern Time Zone (general settings)
Daylight Savings time on (general settings)
Status Bar clock 24 hour format
Hiding all default collections
Old 09-15-2011, 02:52 PM   #2588
quisvir
Addict
quisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle PW2
Just a small update: I have fixed the first bug, which caused the booklist not to be shown correctly after startup or usb disconnect (the one dwanthny was referring to). Anyone who finds that bug particularly annoying can grab the updated code from the repository and make a custom build.

I am working on fixing the second bug now (booklist not showing wrong books if set to 'next in collection'), but that's going to take a bit longer. Note that wiping the reader (formatting internal memory that is, not deleting the books manually) and then adding the books again should fix the issue temporarily, at least until a book is deleted. But since this is quite cumbersome, I would recommend setting the booklist to another option for now.
quisvir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 03:07 PM   #2589
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
I just updated to 2.0.13beta. Lots of good new stuff in there. Thanks very much to all developers.

The PRS-T1 is going to need to be really good to be better than a PRSx50/PRSPlus combination (mind you, that shiny red one is calling to me)
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 03:29 PM   #2590
Mark Nord
2B || !2B
Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS505/650/T1/tolino vision 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by VICTORSJG View Post
but do you know if this modification made by shura1oplot in build.xml to use linux works?
( http://code.google.com/r/shura1oplot...3d62f0f2edd9d2)
This change is necessary to build a installer-pack with linux, but to do the initial-changes to the PRS firmware, setup.exe had once to be run from Windows.

Quote:
apart from have you used the compressor for zip and rar that there is on shura1oplot's web (http://code.google.com/r/shura1oplot...source/browse/)
BrowseFolder-Modification showing the Filesize and ZIP/RAR handling are NOT included in PRS+2.0.13beta
Mark Nord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 09:41 PM   #2591
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired

PRS-300 and PRS-505 Use current cover in Sleep Mode Bug

The current cover is used just fine.

When you return from sleep mode you are returned to the page you left.

When you go to move to the next page it assumes you are on page 1 and takes you to page 2.

Also if you try to go to the previous page it assumes you are on page 1 and won't let you go to the previous page.

This only happens for the Use current cover option.
Old 09-15-2011, 10:00 PM   #2592
elk886
Enthusiast
elk886 can understand the language of future parallel dimensionselk886 can understand the language of future parallel dimensionselk886 can understand the language of future parallel dimensionselk886 can understand the language of future parallel dimensionselk886 can understand the language of future parallel dimensionselk886 can understand the language of future parallel dimensionselk886 can understand the language of future parallel dimensionselk886 can understand the language of future parallel dimensionselk886 can understand the language of future parallel dimensionselk886 can understand the language of future parallel dimensionselk886 can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Device: PRS-650, Nook Glo Plus, Fire HDX7
Deleting Books?

I just installed the new firmware on my PRS-650 and I'm wondering if anybody else is having a problem when deleting books from the device. When I go to delete a book, instead of taking me back to the collection that I opened the book from, it goes back to the cover of the book I just deleted. Sometimes I get an Invalid Page Error instead of the cover. At this point I have to hold the Home button for 5 or 6 seconds to return to the home screen instead of just pressing it once to take me back to the collection (what I normally do when leaving a book). So has anybody else experienced this problem or is it just me?

Edit: Just realized that none of the game icons are showing up in the slots on the home screen either. The title (Games or Sudoku) show up, but where the icon should show it's blank.

Last edited by elk886; 09-15-2011 at 10:24 PM.
elk886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 02:39 AM   #2593
Mark Nord
2B || !2B
Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS505/650/T1/tolino vision 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
PRS-300 and PRS-505 Use current cover in Sleep Mode Bug
Thanks Walt, added to issue #24.

I just check read, sleep, wake, got the page I was, never turned a page.
Will try to fix asap.

BTW: back in history (Joypad left) should return you to where you was.
Mark Nord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 03:17 AM   #2594
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by quisvir View Post
Note that wiping the reader (formatting internal memory that is, not deleting the books manually) and then adding the books again should fix the issue temporarily, at least until a book is deleted. But since this is quite cumbersome, I would recommend setting the booklist to another option for now.
This may have explained why I had the illusion of working for a while because I did this just prior to upgrading to the new PRS+ version. Since then I have deleted some books and added others. But I love the last three books opened option, very nice.
Old 09-16-2011, 04:03 AM   #2595
MiK77
Enthusiast
MiK77 will become famous soon enoughMiK77 will become famous soon enoughMiK77 will become famous soon enoughMiK77 will become famous soon enoughMiK77 will become famous soon enoughMiK77 will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by elk886 View Post
I just installed the new firmware on my PRS-650 and I'm wondering if anybody else is having a problem when deleting books from the device. When I go to delete a book, instead of taking me back to the collection that I opened the book from, it goes back to the cover of the book I just deleted. Sometimes I get an Invalid Page Error instead of the cover. At this point I have to hold the Home button for 5 or 6 seconds to return to the home screen instead of just pressing it once to take me back to the collection (what I normally do when leaving a book). So has anybody else experienced this problem or is it just me?
Since the new release I have problems concerning deletion, too. When I try to delete a periodical (don't tested it with books), I get an error message, that deleting was not possible. But after that, the periodical is gone.
MiK77 is offline   Reply With Quote