Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 09-06-2011, 01:33 AM   #541
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Lol. Only 9000000 to go before giant robot time.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 03:53 AM   #542
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I've heard that Karma rolls over after 9,999,999, and you become a moderator.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 05:12 AM   #543
afa
The Forgotten
afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite; Nook HD; Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
That should make everyone 'green' with envy...

(And yes, I am aware that was a really bad joke.)
afa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 05:14 AM   #544
afa
The Forgotten
afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
This is wrong. Having Karma means people gave you Karma. Beyond that, like any contrived currency system, it means whatever you make of it.
I agree with this. A $100 bill, or GBP50, or Euros, or whatever is really just a piece of paper.

It's value is simply what has been agreed upon as what this bill 'represents', i.e. this bill can purchase X amount of goods.

So if we prescribe some value to Karma -- as a gauge for the standing of a particular poster, for instance -- it thereby becomes valuable.
Old 09-06-2011, 06:24 AM   #545
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Either way, I'll be on a destructive rampage.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 08:20 AM   #546
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
The realization that karma meant absolutely nothing in the overall scheme of things, hit me when I tried swapping karma for bananas and my grocer said "no way, monkey"
That had nothing to do with the value of karma. Your grocer just realized that giving bananas to a tube sock would be disturbing and wrong.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 12:21 PM   #547
Nancy Fulda
I write stories.
Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Quote:
That had nothing to do with the value of karma. Your grocer just realized that giving bananas to a tube sock would be disturbing and wrong.
Ok. Now you guys are cracking me up...
Nancy Fulda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 04:03 PM   #548
afa
The Forgotten

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
The realization that karma meant absolutely nothing in the overall scheme of things, hit me when I tried swapping karma for bananas and my grocer said "no way, monkey"
Maybe the grocer was just racist against tubular primates.

When a well-dressed and armed man goes in with his two shiny friends, he happily takes Karma, and even gives back change.

That's how I ended up with odd Karma.
Old 09-06-2011, 05:32 PM   #549
K-Thom
The one and only
K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: yup!
As soon as your Karma is full you evolve to a premium user which may use this board for a mere 249,99 US$ a year! Get your Karma now and receive a full year of Google web search for free!

Nobody said it would be a rose garden to ascend to the next level ...
K-Thom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 05:34 PM   #550
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Quote:
OK then I don't need that much Karma
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 06:38 PM   #551
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
LOL
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 09:00 PM   #552
Lloyd Simcoe
immortal observer
Lloyd Simcoe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lloyd Simcoe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lloyd Simcoe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lloyd Simcoe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lloyd Simcoe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lloyd Simcoe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lloyd Simcoe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lloyd Simcoe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lloyd Simcoe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lloyd Simcoe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lloyd Simcoe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
OK then I don't need that much Karma
I could use some that you don't need !
Lloyd Simcoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 07:57 PM   #553
mbelec
Addict
mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350, Ipad 3
Hey wait! I wanted to be the one with the lowest karma and now I have too much! Help! Maybe when I hit 9999999 I get a wooden ereader for only $189?!
mbelec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 03:56 AM   #554
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Are you paranoid if something really is out to get you? I get a 5 at the start of my Karma total, and it goes even again!
Hey - I've rolled over to a six at the start, and my Karma total is still even! There is some justice in the world after all. Now all I need is some kind person to palindrome me.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 05:54 AM   #555
Ajax
Addict
Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4 Touch, Kindle Fire, HP Touchpad
Quote:
Hey - I've rolled over to a six at the start, and my Karma total is still even! There is some justice in the world after all. Now all I need is some kind person to palindrome me.
Palindromed!
Ajax is offline   Reply With Quote