Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-17-2011, 09:25 PM   #1
tjcase
tjcase began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Can I make this happen?

I am trying to format a book like it was in the paper version.

Trying to use 3 different fonts and about 4 sizes including titles. Only 2 sizes in body of book.

Verdana
Stencil
Courier New

I am currently trying to use word 2007 and saving in HTML. Then loading into Calibre (latest version) and converting to MOBI for kindle use.

SO far the only font to come thru true is the Courier New. everything else gets converted to Times Roman and wide variety of sizes.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
tjcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 10:32 PM   #2
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
The major issue you're going to have is not all of those fonts are going to be available on the reader / reading software. In that case a fall back font is used. EPUB for instance supports embedding fonts but calibre does not support this. MOBI on the other hand does not. You are at the mercy on what the Kindle supports.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 10:41 PM   #3
tjcase
tjcase began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Is there a place that lists the default Kindle/Calibre fonts? I guess I can use them if i know what they are. And there is more than 1.
tjcase is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
conversion, fonts, html, mobi