Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 05-13-2011, 11:54 PM   #1
Filark
Edge User

Woot! Message Board -- "E-ink not working"??

Hello!

I am hoping someone who has access to the Woot! message boards will check in with a few of their recent posters (dated 5/13) to find out what they mean when they say their e-ink side isn't working. Do they just not know what it is supposed to do or not do?? Or are there really some defective units out there?

I have never heard of such a thing on this forum.

Thank you!!

Old 05-14-2011, 08:48 AM   #2
Gunnerp245
Edge User

Got a link?

Old 05-14-2011, 09:18 AM   #3
emusan
Edge User

Here's the link to the message board: Woot discussion.

Old 05-14-2011, 08:07 PM   #4
mister_ed
Edge User

I read the last couple of pages in that thread just now ... woot (owned by Amazon, though they claim to be insulted if you say Amazon uses woot as a clearance outlet) shipped some authentically defective units. And it's not just the e-ink screens. Wrong/non-functioning power supplies, "ON" switches that stick or flop around, damaged cases....

Woot listed these as new, and the one I got seemed fresh from the factory. But it sounds to me as though woot was sent returned units in addition to the good ones.

-- Ed

Old 05-14-2011, 10:02 PM   #5
Filark
Edge User

Hmmmm. I did see that one person had a legitimately bad e-ink screen. Perhaps shipped too many times, and none too carefully?? I feel bad for anyone who gets a faulty unit. They are much more fun when they work!

Direct link to Woot! PE forum: http://www.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=4464070

I hope most of the people there eventually make their way over here.

Old 05-15-2011, 10:16 AM   #6
reillj
Edge User

I got mine from Woot too; mine was fine out of the box but Woot did say that some of the units were defective and they were replacing those and checking the rest of their inventory for used devices.