Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 05-14-2011, 03:20 PM   #16
smath
Edge User

Solution: (not simple but effective)

Download z4root apk install and choose temp root on your edge (my permanent root didn't stick on reboot, so I did temp root)
Download terminal emulator apk from wherever you can considering Entourage or Google won't allow you to run android market
Setup barnacle on your phone, configure open wireless with SSID called <whatever> (plain text no symbols)
Add the wireless network manually on your Edge.
Stop and start your wireless adapter and forget any autoconnections
Run terminal emulator
Enter SU (if you don't have access go back to step one and resolve)
Enter iwconfig mlan0 mode ad-hoc (sets to ad-hoc)
Enter iwconfig mlan0 essid <whatever> (this is the plain text SSID name and establishes connection)

You can now configure this automatically by entering all of these commands under the export path command under Preferences-> Initial Command, in terminal emulator. Then just run terminal emulator each time you need to connect. Thank you to all those who did the development, still took me a few hours to figure this out. Entourage, please stop making life difficult, your product has a lot of potential (just like my Saturday did a few hours ago)

Old 05-16-2011, 03:43 PM   #17
Enigma777
Edge User

Need more help

I been trying to set up wifi by your (smath) instruction and everytime I put in the:
Enter SU
Enter iwconfig mlan0 mode ad-hoc
Enter iwconfig mlan0 essid <whatever>

it says syntax error: newline unexpected, I am stuck please help out