Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > BeBook

Notices

Old 04-24-2011, 03:21 PM   #1
Justy
Fanatic
Justy has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud of

Device: Nexus 7, Sony Xperia z3 tablet, Kobo Glo, Boyue T63
EPUB Page Count?

Is it possible to see a page count, or position within a book when reading EPUBs on the BeBook? I can see the tiny EPUB page numbers on the right hand side of the screen but that doesn't tell me how many pages are in the book.

With Mobi eBooks I see see 20/730 in the status bar but I can't find where the same information is stored for EPUBS. Is there a menu screen I can go to? I've been spoiled by my PocketBook 360 which showed me both the 2/730 count and a graphic position bar. I know I can't get that on the BeBook but I would like to see the page/pages if possible.
Justy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 04:22 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Try pressing the OK button to bring up the menu. This should display the menu and the status bar which shows the page number and the number of pages. Press OK again to remove this.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 04:27 PM   #3
Justy
Fanatic
Justy has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud of

OK, I think I must be a bit blind, I just now realized that when I hit the Menu button to find a menu option to show me my progress in the book.... the status bar shows up. Now if only I could claim the space 'saved' for the status bar as usable reading space I'd be happy.

I re-converted my EPUB files using Calibre to change all the margins to 5 point. This is great for the top and sides, but the 5 points on the bottom go "above" the blank status bar. *sigh* At least I don't have 1cm margins top and sides and 2cm margin on the bottom like I did before the re-convert.
Old 04-24-2011, 05:48 PM   #4
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justy View Post
OK, I think I must be a bit blind, I just now realized that when I hit the Menu button to find a menu option to show me my progress in the book.... the status bar shows up. Now if only I could claim the space 'saved' for the status bar as usable reading space I'd be happy.

I re-converted my EPUB files using Calibre to change all the margins to 5 point. This is great for the top and sides, but the 5 points on the bottom go "above" the blank status bar. *sigh* At least I don't have 1cm margins top and sides and 2cm margin on the bottom like I did before the re-convert.
set your margins in px (pixels) for best control and small margins. Then set the bottom to 0 so that you can claim all of the space right down to the line of the status bar. This will leave only about 40 pixels at the bottom. That is the best you can do. I actually see it chopping a bit off the descenders on some characters so it does extend a bit into the space.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 07:17 PM   #5
Justy
Fanatic

Thanks, I'll make that change to my conversion options. It's nice to have the ability to make changes like that!
Old 05-02-2011, 10:54 AM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justy View Post

I use 1.2em as my (base) body font-size: this equals about the same text size on Zoom 3 as a paperback.
I also set the right margin at 16px so the 'page' numbers in ade appear small and do not encroach into the text (blurs when that happens). I use 2px for the rest of the margins, just to stay clear of the edge/bezel
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 02:56 PM   #7
Justy
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I also set the right margin at 16px so the 'page' numbers in ade appear small and do not encroach into the text (blurs when that happens). I use 2px for the rest of the margins, just to stay clear of the edge/bezel
Thanks for the tip, I switched to 2px for the margins and didn't even think to leave room for the 'page' numbers on the right. I was just living with part of the word being blurred at those points. *off to tweek Calibre again*