Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-01-2011, 11:59 PM   #1
Richard Gordon
Richard Gordon began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle for Macintosh
Volunteering for Gulf Specimen Marine Lab

I’m trying to learn how to publish Kindle books as a volunteer for the Gulf Specimen Marine Laboratories (http://www.gulfspecimen.org/). This is a nonprofit organization in Panacea, Florida, USA, that teaches about 20,000 kids per year about the marine environment, with touch tanks for safe to handle crabs, snails, starfish, etc. They also deliver live marine animals to labs for research. The owners, Jack and Anne Rudloe, have written a number of books, and would like to get them into Kindle format.

Right now I’m trying to figure out how to create a bookmarked Table of Contents for their book Chicken Wars. Guidance would be appreciated. Thanks.
Yours, -Dick Gordon gordonr@cc.umanitoba.ca
Richard Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 12:45 AM   #2
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Welcome to MR (MobileRead) Richard.

I've moved your thread to the calibre forum so members with more knowledge may help you get started.

First you may want to check out the top of this forum for the sticky threads of helpful information:
New to calibre? Start Here and Video Tutorials.

If you are familiar with calibre you may want to check out the calibre conversion forum and the top of it for the sticky thread, Chapter Detection/Table of Contents Tutorial.

I hope this is what you are looking for and that this gets you started.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-02-2011, 02:03 AM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Gordon View Post
Right now I’m trying to figure out how to create a bookmarked Table of Contents for their book Chicken Wars. Guidance would be appreciated.
I don't have the skill set to help you, but to start what format is the book currently in? The kindle Non-DRM format is Mobi, as such the folks in the Mobi forum could also be of great help to you. Another good source of information would be the Mobileread Wiki, this wiki has info on a wide variety of topics.

After you apprise us of the current state of the book I'm sure we can better help direct you toward a successful solution to your current problem.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle, table of contents