Samsung Galaxy S Tab (Honeycomb) 4 6.15%
Asus Eee Pad Transformer (Honeycomb) 17 26.15%
Acer A500 (Honeycomb) 5 7.69%
other 23 35.38%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-09-2011, 01:32 PM   #1
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
Which Android Tablet ?

Now that it seems the Android Tablet assault is officially underway which one is the one that has peaked your interest .

For me the Xoom is still the one to beat but the Asus sure has peaked my interest.

How about you?

If other please specify

Last edited by boswd; 04-11-2011 at 12:31 PM.
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 03:25 PM   #2
pphilipp
Addict
pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Apple iPad 3 (I have owned many other tablets)
Sales figures for Xoom are astonishingly low. Look for real bargains to come our way at closeout prices.
pphilipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 05:21 PM   #3
LandSurveyor
infrequent visitor
LandSurveyor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LandSurveyor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LandSurveyor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LandSurveyor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LandSurveyor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LandSurveyor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LandSurveyor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LandSurveyor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LandSurveyor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LandSurveyor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LandSurveyor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung smartphone, HP Touchpad, searcing for the best e-ink device
Actually, I just read an article in an industry paper that says that the Xoom has sold 100,000 units in the first month so that's not really bad.

Being pretty broke right now, I bought a $100 Android tablet from CVS, of all places. It comes with an ereader. Since it's not an expensive model, I don't expect too much but I expect that I will replace it later with some sort of e-ink machine. Much better on my eyes and the batteries.

I mentioned on another forum that I couldn't see quite where tablets fit into my life. There's really not enough space between my PDA and my computer, I said. Others responded that train commuters in the big metros are snapping them up in droves to fill that otherwise empty space morning and evening. So I guess it fits a space for some people in being more portable than a laptop but having a bigger display than a PDA.

Tablet prices will indeed come down, just like all tech stuff.
LandSurveyor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 05:29 PM   #4
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
enTourage eDGe, running Froyo beta.

It has a "bonus" e-ink screen (for me just as important as the Android tablet). The two screens are interconnected and close like a book. And it comes in two sizes, one for easy commuting and one for large-screen comfort.
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 11:29 AM   #5
jschall
Avid Reader
jschall could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jschall could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jschall could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jschall could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jschall could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jschall could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jschall could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jschall could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jschall could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jschall could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jschall could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Archos 5 Internet Tablet, Pandigital Novel , Acer Iconia A100
I have two in the "Other" category:
- Archos 5 Internet Tablet
- Pandigital Novel (Black)

Both are excellent values for the money, but neither will have the latest Android versions available without major hacking.
jschall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 09:24 PM   #6
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

so far the Xoom is having a strong showing.

For those who put down other what one's not mentioned have caught your eye?

HTC, LG, Sony?
Old 04-10-2011, 09:39 PM   #7
bhartman36
Wizard
bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wi-Fi, Craig CMP738a Android Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by boswd View Post
so far the Xoom is having a strong showing.

For those who put down other what one's not mentioned have caught your eye?

HTC, LG, Sony?
I have a cheapo Craig ePad that I got from CVS. I don't think there would be much point to putting Honeycomb on it, but it runs Froyo pretty well.
bhartman36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 08:00 AM   #8
pphilipp
Addict
pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.

I personally have owned three "other" Android tablets this past year. All were cheap ($110 to $250). All were buggy. All really didn't compare to an iPad (the standard) or other good tablet.

My verdict is if you really have very basic needs, such as e-book reading, then go with almost any of the cheap tablets. But if you want a device that has a good responsive screen, plays media well, has a good battery, and is built to withstand drops and falls, then invest more (perhaps double) and go with the tablets that are known for these qualities.
Old 04-11-2011, 09:29 AM   #9
madsquabbles
Groupie
madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: samsung 8.9, galaxy note 10.1, galaxy note 2, nook hd+, ipad
how about adding the nook color? gotta be rooted to get full android, but it's still built on android.
madsquabbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 10:26 AM   #10
pphilipp
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandSurveyor View Post
Actually, I just read an article in an industry paper that says that the Xoom has sold 100,000 units in the first month so that's not really bad.
Sales are low enough that the analysts are delving into the problem to see what went wrong with Motorola's marketing as well as the general public's lack of enthusiasm for it. There's about a dozen reasons cited... including the feeling that it was rushed to market, leaving a few areas of quality control, omissions, and buggy OS software.

The one device considered to be the true Android bargain (at this time) is the Viewsonic Gtablet. Just like the Xoom, when it was released last fall it had several issues (mainly software, but a couple hardware as well). But the Gtablet on the market now has been improved to the point that at $300, it might be the best Android tablet for the money.

Last edited by pphilipp; 04-11-2011 at 10:29 AM.
Old 04-11-2011, 11:08 AM   #11
boswd
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pphilipp View Post
Sales are low enough that the analysts are delving into the problem to see what went wrong with Motorola's marketing as well as the general public's lack of enthusiasm for it. There's about a dozen reasons cited... including the feeling that it was rushed to market, leaving a few areas of quality control, omissions, and buggy OS software.

The one device considered to be the true Android bargain (at this time) is the Viewsonic Gtablet. Just like the Xoom, when it was released last fall it had several issues (mainly software, but a couple hardware as well). But the Gtablet on the market now has been improved to the point that at $300, it might be the best Android tablet for the money.

to be honest I think most people are taking a "Wait and see" and plus the getting in bed with Verizon are the two biggest reasons it wasn't a runnaway hit.

Also the low sales didn't take into account the wifi only version that just came out, either.

we'll see, I think if Moto reintroduces the public to the Xoom especially it's Wifi only version, it still can have a hit on it's hands, its hardware is just gorgous.
Old 04-11-2011, 12:08 PM   #12
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
What you get tired half way through the poll

It would have been nice if you put the Dell Streak, HTC Flyer, Toshiba, and LePad. And maybe even an entry for each sized for each tablet.

Also a slight correction its the "Samsung Galaxy Tab" not "Samsung Galaxy S Tab".

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 12:15 PM   #13
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by pphilipp View Post

There are a lot of analysis that don't consider this a failure, but a success. Given that it's a high end device that requires a data plan and exclusive to Verizon now add it to the fact that it has only been out for a month and it sold over 100K that is a success, of course those numbers don't even come close to Apple but I don't think Moto had that kind of expectation.
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 12:30 PM   #14
boswd
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
What you get tired half way through the poll

It would have been nice if you put the Dell Streak, HTC Flyer, Toshiba, and LePad. And maybe even an entry for each sized for each tablet.

Also a slight correction its the "Samsung Galaxy Tab" not "Samsung Galaxy S Tab".

=X=
LOL LOL I did, I was actually physically tired and I couldn't think of some other top tierd names.
Old 04-11-2011, 01:02 PM   #15
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
It's still the rooted Nook Color for me. Quality at $250 is hard to beat.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote