Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > iSilo/X

Notices

Old 09-20-2004, 03:38 AM   #1
ToMa
ToMa began at the beginning.

Device: Tungsten T3
Therapeutic guidelines

I was hoping to convert some medical therapeutic guidelines to isilo for viewing, and to do so quite regularly to keep them up to date. Problem is that the site has a javascript menu in the left hand frame (I know javascript is not supported by isilox). However, I have got an old version of the guidelines in isilo with just the right hand frame and all its links (html) converted. This is fine as the whole site can be navigated fine using just the right hand frame.

Unfortunately, I can't work out how to exclude the left hand frame from the conversion, and when I try to convert the site I seem to get an index list of all the pages rather than a working html.

Any suggestions? I hear you guys are the experts

Thanks for your help,

ToMa
Old 09-20-2004, 07:21 AM   #2
Colin Dunstan
Is papyrophobic!
Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Axim
Hey ToMa,

An url to your html document would be useful for further investigation.
Old 09-20-2004, 10:17 AM   #3
hacker
Technology Mercenary
hacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with others

Device: Direct Neural Implant
Morpheus, you didn't hear? He's using the new IPv7 protocol for that.. IP over Telepathy[tm]

A quick check with The Oracle, surfaced these examples (in pdf format). Should be easy to convert to iSilo or other formats.
Old 09-20-2004, 08:00 PM   #4
ToMa

Sorry about that!

The full site is passworded and I probably shouldn't post the password up in the forum....perhaps could private message if necessary...

But a demo version is available at http://www.tg.com.au/etg_demo/tgc.htm - It has only a few active links, but you will get the gist of what I meant in the original post,

Thanks guys,

ToMa
Old 09-21-2004, 04:08 AM   #5
Colin Dunstan
Is papyrophobic!
Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Have you tried to use the url of the html page in the frame that is only relevant to you?

For instance, in the demo version, don't use
http://www.tg.com.au/etg_demo/tgc.htm

but instead try it with:
http://www.tg.com.au/etg_demo/tgc/5a57c76.htm

What do you think?
Old 09-21-2004, 06:05 AM   #6
ToMa

Hmmm....

I need to convert the whole site (probably 1000+ pages of info), so converting page by page would be impossible really....

Need to find a way to maintain the right hand frame format and exclude (or ignore) the javascript...

Thanks though.
Old 09-21-2004, 06:14 AM   #7
Colin Dunstan
Is papyrophobic!

Isn't the content table of the left side also given in the starting frame of the right?

http://www.tg.com.au/etg_demo/tgc/5a57c76.htm

contains each link that is in the TOC on the left side. So don't see how you must convert page by page there?
Old 09-21-2004, 06:44 AM   #8
ToMa

Oh Sorry

IC what you mean now - cannot remember if I have tried that already, but I will give it a go and let you know

While on the topic of tough conversions...is there any simple way of previewing isilo documents on the desktop prior to hotsync-ing in order to save time?

Last edited by ToMa; 09-21-2004 at 06:59 AM.
Old 09-21-2004, 08:02 AM   #9
ToMa

Worked a treat! Can't believe I overlooked that method....Shows what a little new perspective can do - cheers Morph
Old 01-24-2005, 06:10 AM   #10
hoju1511
hoju1511 began at the beginning.

@Morpheus - I am also attempting to convert an online ebook using isilox but having some probs. eg trying to capture one of the ebooks on

h%%p://www3.accessmedicine.com/home.aspx

Are there any tutorials available on these sorts of issues.

Thanks
Old 01-24-2005, 07:31 AM   #11
hacker
Technology Mercenary
hacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with others

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoju1511
@Morpheus - I am also attempting to convert an online ebook using isilox but having some probs. eg trying to capture one of the ebooks on http://www3.accessmedicine.com/home.aspx

Are there any tutorials available on these sorts of issues.
Are you sending the right cookies and login/authentication information to accessmedicine.com, so you can fetch this content? You'll need to make sure those are correct, or you won't be able to log in to reach the content with iSiloX at all.

I also noticed that accessmedicine.com has no robots.txt, which means you should take care to throttle back your spidering, so you don't hammer their site and get yourself (or your UserAgent) blocked or banned.
Old 01-25-2005, 03:18 AM   #12
hoju1511
hoju1511 began at the beginning.

Thanks hacker,
Will re-read the section on cookies in this forum. I did have password etc items entered correctly.
Old 01-25-2005, 04:37 PM   #13
Liqiud
Infinite Oblivion
Liqiud began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Clie PEG-UX50
You guys use Linux don't you.
Old 01-25-2005, 04:44 PM   #14
hacker
Technology Mercenary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liqiud
You guys use Linux don't you.
Personally, I use Linux for my main development machines, my firewalls are NetBSD and FreeBSD, and behind that I have several Windows, BSD machines and one OSX machine inside my racks. My iPAQ handhelds both run Linux, and my wireless routers and WAP devices are also running Linux. I also have several FreeBSD-based embedded boxes here for some development projects I'm working on.

But most of the time, I use Linux. I've been happily using it full-time now since about 1994, and part time since late 1992 or so (back in the Ygdrassil days).

Why do you ask?