Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 02-04-2011, 03:39 PM   #16
Sarahcita
Sarahcita began at the beginning.

Device: NookColor
Just purchased The Fixer from bn.com for my nookcolor - first chapter read, and I LIKE it! Formatting looks great (a real pet peeve of mine). Thanks for making these available on the nook ~

Can't wait to sink my teeth into the rest!
Sarahcita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 03:16 AM   #17
basschick
Wizard
basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
i have a kindle, but i'd rather buy at smashwords if possible.
basschick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 04:57 PM   #18
jonfmerz
Writer ~ Producer ~ Ninja
jonfmerz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jonfmerz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jonfmerz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jonfmerz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahcita View Post
Just purchased The Fixer from bn.com for my nookcolor - first chapter read, and I LIKE it! Formatting looks great (a real pet peeve of mine). Thanks for making these available on the nook ~

Can't wait to sink my teeth into the rest!
Thanks for picking up THE FIXER - I hope you enjoy it!
jonfmerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 06:06 PM   #19
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Jon,

Where does Interlude fit in the timeline? I think it's the only one I don't have, in some form (I have several as stand-alone titles, plus The Fixer Files)?
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 09:25 PM   #20
jonfmerz
jonfmerz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jonfmerz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jonfmerz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jonfmerz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

HI Karen,

I'm actually not exactly sure where Interlude fits in the timeline yet, lol. I need to figure that out. I'm in the process of developing a system so readers (and I) will know when all of these occur chronologically.

Thanks for the shout-out on your blog, by the way! Much appreciated!

Best,
Jon
Old 02-12-2011, 04:52 AM   #21
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Just finished up this book, and left a review at B&N.com. I really enjoyed the story. While I don't think it's James Bond with Fangs (based on book 1 anyway), I think it's more Letha Weapon with fangs LOL.

I gave it 3 stars......the story got 4 stars from me, but the formatting took off a star....sorry, there is just no other way to say it....I felt like I was reading a pirated copy. Like an OCR hardcopy that's just plain text.

I'll buy the next one and hope that the formatting is better, because the story is really quite good!

EDIT: Just bought The Invoker, it looks a bit better, but would have liked to have seen page breaks between the chapters...that's easy enough to do on sigil for me though.

Last edited by jhempel24; 02-12-2011 at 05:40 AM.
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 09:22 AM   #22
jonfmerz

Thank you for purchasing the books. As we discussed privately, I've had numerous other people examine their copies on the Nook and none have had a problem with the formatting. I wonder if there was simply a glitch when you downloaded it from B&N? Perhaps a hiccup of some sort? I haven't received any other complaints at all about the formatting and frankly, given the number of sales the series is enjoying, I'm certain someone else would have complained by now if they'd had a problem.
Old 02-12-2011, 09:24 AM   #23
jonfmerz

@Koland - Actually not sure yet where Interlude fits. I'm working up a nice chronological timeline that I'll publicize so fans can know when the stories all take place.

By the way, Slave to Love - a new Lawson Vampire adventure in time for Valentin's Day just went live over on Amazon and B&N!
Old 02-12-2011, 10:13 AM   #24
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonfmerz View Post
Thank you for purchasing the books. As we discussed privately, I've had numerous other people examine their copies on the Nook and none have had a problem with the formatting. I wonder if there was simply a glitch when you downloaded it from B&N? Perhaps a hiccup of some sort? I haven't received any other complaints at all about the formatting and frankly, given the number of sales the series is enjoying, I'm certain someone else would have complained by now if they'd had a problem.
Could be possible, I really would like to see what others are seeing though. When I am at a Pc I can post a couple screenshots of what Im talking about though if that will help.

But don't take formatting issues as a hit on the story, the whole thing is really fantastic, and I can't wait to read the rest. Does the new story fit in the timeline or is it stand alone?
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 10:17 AM   #25
Scott Nicholson
Scott Nicholson, author
Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
glad to see this getting new life!

Scott
Scott Nicholson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lawson, merz, ninja, urban fantasy, vampires