Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Announcements

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2004, 01:22 PM   #16
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
rclodfelter, I have already saved one invite for one of your earlier posts... please PM me your e-mail. gadgetguru, please also PM me your e-mail.

One invite left.
Old 07-26-2004, 03:46 PM   #17
rognisea
rognisea began at the beginning.

Device: Tungsten E
This site is exactly what I have been looking for! Thanks and great job.....
Old 07-26-2004, 03:48 PM   #18
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for the compliments, rognisea. Please PM me your e-mail so that I can send you the invite.

Everyone else should have received his Gmail invitation.
Old 07-28-2004, 11:29 AM   #19
stevec_ny
stevec_ny began at the beginning.

Device: Clie NX80V
Question

Pardon my ignorance, but I still don't see the draw of having GMail. Is it just about the 1 Gigabyte of storage? Personally I still like the old POP3/SMTP style access & having my mail stored locally (synchronized with my Clie) rather than going through a web interface for my email.
Old 07-30-2004, 11:49 AM   #20
otago9298
otago9298 began at the beginning.

Device: Tungsten T
Hi, i just discovered about the group. wow... superb group. keep up a good work.
Am I too late for the Gmail? If you happen to have the spare one, please invite me in.
Thanx.

Last edited by otago9298; 07-30-2004 at 11:52 AM.
Old 07-30-2004, 03:00 PM   #21
ignatz
mechanoholic
ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR/iPhone 4S/EVO 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevec_ny
Pardon my ignorance, but I still don't see the draw of having GMail. Is it just about the 1 Gigabyte of storage? Personally I still like the old POP3/SMTP style access & having my mail stored locally (synchronized with my Clie) rather than going through a web interface for my email.
Steve, the gig is great, but it's more about the Gmail interface, which is really sharp and well designed. The ads are minimal (text only; I don't even notice them) and everything is fast. I access my email from many different locations and the webmail that comes with my personal webpage is pretty poor. Gmail makes it very easy and has quickly become my primary email, though I started out doubting it.
Old 07-30-2004, 04:47 PM   #22
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Any problems with outgoing gmail lost as spam?

Just curious... any big gmail users out there?
How about the gmail account winners?

I want to start using my gmail account more, but have heard rumors that certain spam filters are trashing emails from gmail. Anyone know if there's any truth to that?
Old 07-30-2004, 04:55 PM   #23
ds2dys
ds2dys began at the beginning.

Device: Tungsten T2
I've just found this great site. I found a lot of posts about things that I wanted to know. Thanks.
Old 07-30-2004, 05:25 PM   #24
ignatz
mechanoholic
ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR/iPhone 4S/EVO 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobR
Just curious... any big gmail users out there?
How about the gmail account winners?

I want to start using my gmail account more, but have heard rumors that certain spam filters are trashing emails from gmail. Anyone know if there's any truth to that?
I use Gmail daily for all my email. I never thought that it would overtake my webpage mail, just because I prefer to have my own @mechanolatry extension instead of @gmail, but nowadays I forward all my addresses into my gmail account. I haven't experienced any problems or any of my messages being filtered out and not reaching their destinations. I was tired of trying to manage email from mulitple locations. IMAP wasn't working all that well for me. Gmail is just so damn easy to use, it subverted me!
Old 08-03-2004, 08:58 PM   #25
cbarnett
MR prodigal son
cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
I agree, gmail is now my primary email account, and I've had no problems with it at all. Ignatz is right, once you get used to the way it organises your mail, it's hard to go back!

Craig.
Old 08-04-2004, 04:15 AM   #26
Colin Dunstan
Is papyrophobic!
Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Axim
cbarnett, that means Google has assimilated you into their Collective with its ferocious determination to crush their enemy, at any cost
Old 08-05-2004, 02:45 AM   #27
ortaliz
Member Retired
ortaliz began at the beginning.

Device: M515
MobileRead is pretty cool

Hi! I actually came across this thread and quickly registered so I can get the invite. However, after reading some more of the threads I realized that this is trully a very informative site! With or without the gmail invite, I'm still glad I registered! But a gmail invite will still be nice
Old 12-31-2004, 05:43 AM   #28
Kevin
Kevin began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander
The first five users who have just replied will each get a Gmail invite. Please PM me your e-mail address so I know where to send the invite to.

I have two more Gmail invites for the next two members who reply here and give some praise to MobileRead
please invites me an gmail. My email is tcong76@yahoo.com
Old 12-31-2004, 07:13 AM   #29
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Ok, Kevin I sent you the invite.

This threat is closed now. If you still need an invite, please visit this thread instead!
Closed Thread