Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-05-2010, 10:03 PM   #31
laughingdragons
Groupie
laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350 1 Pink 1 Silver Paperwhite Kindle
I never had a problem with library books on my 300 or 350
laughingdragons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 10:27 PM   #32
Traecer Prime
Connoisseur
Traecer Prime began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
I think maybe you misunderstood. You can install ADE on a Mac, but it will not recognize the Sony ereaders as a plugged-in device. That's why ADE on a Mac and the Sony ereaders don't play nice together. On a Mac, you have to use the Sony Reader Library software instead of ADE for transferring books. It is not like this on a PC. ADE on a PC does play nice with the Sony ereaders. Your ereader shows up as a device, and you can transfer files with ADE on a PC rather than Sony Reader Library.
Ja, I figured this out the hard way...I should have come back to MobileRead first. Having said that, the difference between ADE and Sony Reader Mac IMHO is negligible; their UIs are nearly identical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
Yes, the PRS-505 has the EPUB and PDF Overdrive library book conflict regardless of whether you are using a Mac or PC. I cannot speak for the PRS-300 or -600 since I do not have that model. Hope that helps!
Aha! So we're talking about 2 separate issues. I still think I'll wait until I'm finished reading my Overdrive PDFs before trying Overdrive ePubs then.

Thanks for the info!
Traecer Prime is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
prs-350