Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-26-2010, 09:14 AM   #31
JCKobo
Kobo Product Guy
JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kobo Vox
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraRob View Post
Does anyone know if the Kobo desktop app is proxy aware? I can't seem to sign in from work.
There is experimental support for proxies. Press Control-Alt-P while in your library to turn on proxy support
JCKobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 09:16 AM   #32
JCKobo
Kobo Product Guy
JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achan View Post
Are there change logs with these firmware updates? Thanks!
This mainly address battery issues some customers were experiencing with the Kobo Wireless Reader.
Old 10-26-2010, 09:53 AM   #33
Psyke
Evangelist
Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wi-Fi - Kobo Touch - GNex - N7
Ran a wireless update this morning and all seemed to go well. So how often/when should it be checking for newspaper/magazine subscriptions now?

Thanks!
Steph S.
Psyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 10:36 AM   #34
JCKobo
Kobo Product Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyke View Post
Ran a wireless update this morning and all seemed to go well. So how often/when should it be checking for newspaper/magazine subscriptions now?

Thanks!
Steph S.
It should check once in the morning, and if it doesn't find anything, it will check again an hour later.
Old 10-26-2010, 11:18 AM   #35
pli
pli began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Wireless
I updated the firmware of both the desktop app and my kobo wireless ereader to v1.7.1 and the battery seems great now! Thanks!!
There seems to be another problem now tho, whenever i open a book called Naomi and Her Daughters: A Novel (by Walter Wangerin Jr.) which i bought from the kobo store, the Kobo ereader says "the content you are trying to view is locked". This didnt happen before, but im not sure whether it is related to the software update or not. I tried resyncing it with the desktop app but it still doesnt work. I can read it on my desktop tho. and reading other books on the ereader seems fine. This also happens when I try to open some .pdf files on the ereader. Can anyone help?
pli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 11:36 AM   #36
SameerH
Product Manager
SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by pli View Post
I updated the firmware of both the desktop app and my kobo wireless ereader to v1.7.1 and the battery seems great now! Thanks!!
There seems to be another problem now tho, whenever i open a book called Naomi and Her Daughters: A Novel (by Walter Wangerin Jr.) which i bought from the kobo store, the Kobo ereader says "the content you are trying to view is locked". This didnt happen before, but im not sure whether it is related to the software update or not. I tried resyncing it with the desktop app but it still doesnt work. I can read it on my desktop tho. and reading other books on the ereader seems fine. This also happens when I try to open some .pdf files on the ereader. Can anyone help?
Can you try rebooting please?
SameerH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 10:11 PM   #37
pli
pli began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Wireless
Quote:
Originally Posted by SameerH View Post
Can you try rebooting please?
thanks a bunch that worked!
pli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 02:18 AM   #38
SameerH
Product Manager
SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pli View Post
thanks a bunch that worked!
awesome.
Old 10-28-2010, 07:00 PM   #39
AuroraRob
AuroraRob began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Wifi - Sony PRS600
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCKobo View Post
There is experimental support for proxies. Press Control-Alt-P while in your library to turn on proxy support
I couldn't get that to work, thanks though.
AuroraRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 07:06 PM   #40
SameerH
Product Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraRob View Post
I couldn't get that to work, thanks though.
I think JC mistyped. It should be CTRL+SHIFT+P, give it a shot.
Old 10-29-2010, 04:48 PM   #41
AuroraRob
AuroraRob began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Wifi - Sony PRS600
Quote:
Originally Posted by SameerH View Post
I think JC mistyped. It should be CTRL+SHIFT+P, give it a shot.
That did the trick, thanks.
AuroraRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 06:11 PM   #42
IHeartKobo
IHeartKobo began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
*sigh*.... had kobo 1 less than 30 days so I returned it and got the kobo wifi and now I am regretting this!

Updated the firmware as soon as it was released as I was having the same problem as everyone else. Did a full charge Tuesday night into Wednesday morning. Read about 2 chapters on the bus Wednesday and then this afternoon (Friday) Kobo is dead again... wifi is off, newspapers are off, show covers off (not that it matters) etc...

Help line suggested i try and update again but Ctrl+Shift+U is not working... suggested resetting Kobo and updating that way... still not happening.

Suggested I exchange it now but im honestly debating returning it and getting the first one again or another one all together.

Help??
IHeartKobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 07:21 PM   #43
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
You are not alone. I'd suggest waiting to see if the 1.7.2 update (which, as far as I know, may still be released tonight) fixes it. 1.7.1 was pretty much a disaster for many people--but they jumped on a fix fast.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 09:07 PM   #44
IHeartKobo
IHeartKobo began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
You know what's funny? I spoke to 2 different people on the help line today about this and both said they never heard anything about this and said i should go and exchange.

Every time I have called the 800 number they just type out my complaint/problem and send me a ticket which I rarely even hear back from. It's like calling my secretary and dictating a note to her.

Where did you hear about the new update??
IHeartKobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 06:49 AM   #45
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHeartKobo View Post
Where did you hear about the new update??
From JCKobo--one of the Kobo engineers who posts on this forum. I thought it would be pushed out on Friday--but I am hearing from various sources that it will be today--Saturday in North America (waving to the people for whom Saturday was yesterday).
taming is offline   Reply With Quote