Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-26-2010, 08:16 AM   #1
kcallis
kcallis began at the beginning.

Device: Palm Tungsten E
Massive Kindle load questions

I was looking at my ebook directory, and realized that I could actually get away with loading every book that I own on my Kindle. But I have run into a problem that has been plaguing me. No matter if I create a Series, and number the books correctly, when I load it onto the Kindle, it will still mis-order the series.

For instance, I create a Series called Foo, and I make sure that the Author is correct. I then add 10 books to Foo, and load it onto the Kindle, 95% of the time, it will have the books out of Book order.

Now this might not be a big deal on a couple of books, but for instance, I have 187 title for Doc Savage; I have some ungodly number of Star Wars books. I really would love for the Series and Book order keep the proper order of the books.

I have even gone so far as to create detailed titles for my books, for instance:

Doc Savage - 001 - The Man of Bronze

and still if I load in 20 books, it will still go out of order... Does anyone have any guidance for how to solve it problem? I am running Calibri 0.6.42 under Ubuntu 10.04
kcallis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 08:29 AM   #2
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcallis View Post
Does anyone have any guidance for how to solve it problem? I am running Calibri 0.6.42 under Ubuntu 10.04
Jeez, we need to get someone on the Ubuntu team specifically for updating the repositories. I don't believe it's relevant to your problem, but the current version is 0.7.20.

As for your actual problem, that looks to be a problem with the Kindle, not with Calibre. You might have more luck asking in the Kindle subforum.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
misorder, series