Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-12-2010, 06:16 PM   #16
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
I just wand my Kindle to balance my checkbook Is that too much to ask?
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 10:42 PM   #17
jaxx6166
Wizard
jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 350, iPad, PW
I just sold my K2 on ebay. Apparently, you can't make it mop your floors or walk your dog. I was very disappointed. Amazonfail 3.0
jaxx6166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 12:01 AM   #18
Viseguy
Just a kid from Bklyn
Viseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle 3 Wi-Fi; Samsung Galaxy Tab 7
They should put an HDTV in there, too. And it should come pre-loaded with movies.

Yah.
Viseguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 07:09 AM   #19
ricsmania
Connoisseur
ricsmania began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 3G+Wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleccj1 View Post
Sounds right, but how awesome would it be if they put Mirasol on it? I would definitely upgrade from my K3.
Won't Mirasol drain battery faster? I have read reviews of a Pixel QI screen, which may have similar technology, and it has only marginally better battery life than a backlit LCD screen.

I don't know about Mirasol, but this screen (Pixel QI) drains the battery constantly, unlike an eInk screen which is only activated on page turns.
ricsmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 07:55 AM   #20
shanghaichica
Guru
shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Scribe,Kindle Oasis 3, iPad Pro 11, iPhone 13 Pro Max,iPad mini 6, PW5
I hope it doesn't have a camera!!

If we want all these bells and whistles maybe an ipad would have been a better buy!
shanghaichica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 08:37 AM   #21
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
In as few words as possible no way. This is an ebook reader not an darn computer or ipad thank god.
cvkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 08:50 AM   #22
scott h
scott h began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanghaichica View Post
I hope it doesn't have a camera!!

If we want all these bells and whistles maybe an ipad would have been a better buy!
exactly right. There were other posts referencing to the ipad as well. If you really need those type of gadgets in your reader, an ipad type device is the way to go.

I would like to see how many people use an OCR app to scan each page in a book and then burn the book. Nothing like mixing a model of extreme inefficiency with a symbolism of fascism.

Last edited by scott h; 09-13-2010 at 08:55 AM.
scott h is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
book, camera, photo, tilt