Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-21-2010, 06:13 PM   #1
eosrose
Enthusiast
eosrose began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma
HTML converted to ZIP?

I just added an html file to my ebook library in calibre today and it converted to a zip file! Is this supposed to happen? If so, why?
eosrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 06:23 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by eosrose View Post
I just added an html file to my ebook library in calibre today and it converted to a zip file! Is this supposed to happen? If so, why?
Yes, it did it correct.
Html may have many pieces, right
The Zip keeps (the right) them all together .
(think of it as a binder for all the screen pages )
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 06:41 PM   #3
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
So does this mean if I have one of those (horrible) zips with each page or each chapter in a separate HTML file, Calibre will handle it?
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 06:56 PM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by phenomshel View Post
So does this mean if I have one of those (horrible) zips with each page or each chapter in a separate HTML file, Calibre will handle it?
If you add the index html file or the table of contents html file to calibre, calibre will use that file to grab up any other html files or images and zip up the entire kaboodle in one (nice) zip file. From here it is possible to convert it to other formats.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 08:19 PM   #5
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Very cool!! Thanks. I've been merging the darn things before adding them to Calibre. Guess I can skip that step!
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 09:22 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by phenomshel View Post
as long as there is some code in one or more of those files that chains the mess together
file 1 can call file 2 that can call file 3...

I like my chapters to start on a new page , so I frequently use Sigil to split them up. (I also tweak the style to taste while I am there )
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote