Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 08-06-2010, 03:48 PM   #16
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
Which means a three month wait.
(You realized you just confirmed WiFi, 3G, or bluetooth?) )
Oh yes (for both). Why or?
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 03:50 PM   #17
olis
Zealot
olis has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.olis has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.olis has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.olis has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: prs-500, Nokia N810, Irex dr1000s, Kindle3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
There will be 5 new models and those will be launched at the IFA.
Can you at least tell us if "launched" means released or announced?
olis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 03:54 PM   #18
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by olis View Post
Can you at least tell us if "launched" means released or announced?
Released. I had the new models in my hands already.
Old 08-06-2010, 04:00 PM   #19
olis
Zealot
olis has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.olis has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.olis has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.olis has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Released. I had the new models in my hands already.
Great!
I'm thinking to cancel my Kindle pre-order and wait to see what PB has up its sleeve.

Last edited by olis; 08-07-2010 at 02:46 AM.
Old 08-06-2010, 04:17 PM   #20
Trini
Connoisseur
Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs650
Quote:
There will be 5 new models and those will be launched at the IFA.
This is the IFA Berlin from 3-8 Sept? Just wanted to confirm as fjtorres was indicating we'll have a 3 month wait before the devices are released.
Trini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 04:26 PM   #21
mtravellerh
book creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trini View Post
This is the IFA Berlin from 3-8 Sept? Just wanted to confirm as fjtorres was indicating we'll have a 3 month wait before the devices are released.
That's the one. But hey, we got to be honest here. We will begin selling the devices in mid-september, but it will be probably be October before we will have larger quantities available.

Last edited by mtravellerh; 08-06-2010 at 04:30 PM.
Old 08-06-2010, 08:34 PM   #22
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trini View Post
The 3 month wait I was referring to is from when they're submitted to FCC testing for sale in the US. They could have been submitted already, so the clock could be ticking even as we speak. And, of course certification elsewhere is different.

But realistically, if they are queued up behind the 901---which isn't due until sept despite being officially launced over a month ago---the earliest we could see new readers in quantity would be late Oct. (Just a WAG, of course)

I'm curious to see what is headed our way; hopefully a PB360 with a pearl screen will be in there somewhere.

Last edited by fjtorres; 08-06-2010 at 08:36 PM.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 09:42 AM   #23
Trini
Connoisseur
Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs650
Thanks guys, October there abouts is a bit longer than I would've like but I really want to make an informed decision about which ereader to buy this year. So I just the wait continues....
Trini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 11:37 AM   #24
Mickey330
Addict
Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis & the Kindle app on iDevices
Quote:
Okay: The new PocketBook devices will not be manufactured by Netronix and will not feature any of the designs aforementioned. There will be 5 new models and those will be launched at the IFA. The design will differ completely from any speculations I've seen so far.

I am, however, not at liberty to reveal more about our new devices.
[Puts hands over ears]

LaLaLaLalalala. I'm not listening to you! You can't make me buy another Pocketbook. I'm not going to look at the new models. I don't need another ereader. I'm not going to look at the new models! I don't need another e-reader...! Lalalalalalalala....

[/Puts hands down - looks around furtively - wanders off, mumbling]

Marilyn
Mickey330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 12:13 PM   #25
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
I don't need another PB360.
I'm happy with mine.
But if a new one came with a pearl screen and quieter, softer bottons in the exact same form factor I'd be sweating bullets. And, odds are, my sister would end up with a slightly used 360 of her own.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 04:48 PM   #26
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
Show me the 9,7'' and I'll pull the trigger for Christmas.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 08:39 PM   #27
luqmaninbmore
Da'i
luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba Thrive, Kobo Touch, Kindle 1, Aluratek Libre, T-Mobile Comet
If Pocketbook and Netronix have merged, why is another company manufacturing the devices?
luqmaninbmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 07:03 AM   #28
Forkosigan
Wizard
Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.

Device: Pocketbook Touch (622)
Quote:
Originally Posted by luqmaninbmore View Post
If Pocketbook and Netronix have merged, why is another company manufacturing the devices?
This will be announced in September at the exhibition.

Example might be the reasons for following items:

1. Looking for large volumes of production, netronix not have time to produce the right amount.
2. Another company netronix as part of a group.
3. New products are planned for the premium segment, and requires a manufacturer with experience of production in the premium segment.

Last edited by Forkosigan; 08-08-2010 at 07:16 AM.
Forkosigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 08:54 AM   #29
olis
Zealot

It seems to me that Pocketbook Global (Netronix Inc. + Pocketbook) has signed some sort of agreement with iRex Technologies (now called IRX Innovations after it went bankrupt).

Now this is just speculation on my part, but it would be a dream come true to see a device with Irex hardware and Pocketbook software....
Old 08-08-2010, 09:49 AM   #30
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Okay: The new PocketBook devices will not be manufactured by Netronix and will not feature any of the designs aforementioned. There will be 5 new models and those will be launched at the IFA. The design will differ completely from any speculations I've seen so far.

I am, however, not at liberty to reveal more about our new devices.
I have one question.
Who is in charge of writing the software specification guidelines?
You know, the document that describes all software features, such as user accessible configuration files, easy installation of third-party apps ...

Please, please tell us it is the same Guys in Kiev (TM) that wrote specification for PocketBook 360°.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote