Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-23-2010, 08:41 PM   #16
HarleyB
Fanatic
HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo (RIP), iPad, iPhone 4, Kobo Touch x2, Kobo Glo
Hi Sameer the reason I don't sync with the desktop application is that I used the Borders Australia application for one of my first books (At Home by Bill Bryson) and unfortunately it was missing all the illustrations.
I discovered by accident when I downloaded it to ADE (mainly as a backup incase I ever wanted to read it on something other than my Kobo) that the illustrations were there!!
Ever since then I have downloaded via ADE and not had a problem until this past week when my 3 of my new purchases were without the advertised cover and one was deemed to be "author unknown."
I suppose I could download both versions and go with whichever one was the best but that's quite a pain plus there is the issue of the "I'm reading" page getting very crowded with every book you have ever purchased when using the Kobo/Borders application.
Thanks for looking into this. Like just about everyone on this forum I am really appreciative of your presence here. You have certainly helped a lot of people.
HarleyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 10:10 AM   #17
Duiker
Addict
Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by SameerH View Post
Still waiting to hear back from the content wizards. Will let you know as soon as I have.

To (sort-of) address your concern though, if you sync using the desktop application, you will get the books in Kobo format, which will have the correct cover art associated with it.
I tried that an got the same thing.
Duiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 05:46 PM   #18
HarleyB
Fanatic
HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo (RIP), iPad, iPhone 4, Kobo Touch x2, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by SameerH View Post
To (sort-of) address your concern though, if you sync using the desktop application, you will get the books in Kobo format, which will have the correct cover art associated with it.
I have now synced and also purchased more books (I am a sucker for punishment!) using the desktop applications to download them. The result is that I now have 5 books with the same boring generic cover.
While searching the Borders Australia site I came across some fine print that indicated that sometimes books were supplied without the cover art or had different covers to those listed on the web site.
I think it would be better to have that disclaimer on the actual book so that you knew what you were buying. Also instead of the same clip art for every book why not just use the title of the book? At least then you can tell them apart when looking at the covers.
So frustrating and annoying - makes me wonder exactly why I am paying for these books when I know I can get covers with the free versions.
HarleyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 10:52 AM   #19
Duiker
Addict
Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
[QUOTE=HarleyB;1026631 makes me wonder exactly why I am paying for these books when I know I can get covers with the free versions.[/QUOTE]

Here here!!!
Duiker is offline   Reply With Quote