Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-10-2022, 10:07 PM   #1066
cessen
cessen is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.cessen is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.cessen is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.cessen is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.cessen is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.cessen is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.cessen is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.cessen is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.cessen is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.cessen is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.cessen is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Kobo Forma
I've created an updated version of my Japanese-English dictionary:

dicthtml-ja-en.zip (~64 MB)

Documentation and installation instructions:
https://perm.cessen.com/2022/kobo_dictionary/

Highlights of this updated version:
  • Now includes Kanjidic. When selecting individual kanji, an entry showing an enlarged version of the kanji along with its associated meanings and readings will be included in the entry list.
  • Now includes JMnedict, for name entries.
  • Improved verb and i-adjective conjugation matching. In the previous version it was somewhat common for the entries of conjugated verbs and i-adjectives to fail to be displayed if there was another entry with that exact conjugated form in the dictionary. This is now quite rare.
cessen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2022, 10:17 AM   #1067
kandwo
Addict
kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Semwize View Post
Attachment 192240 Attachment 192241
Wiktionary can satisfy such requirements. I posted it somewhere above, but it is very raw, there was no time and desire to bring it to normal.
The dictionary of Kuznetsov, Dahl, Efremova, etc. are not intended for this.
Thank you for the answer and the pictures! I guess I'll have to keep to Android based readers, where the dictionaries support inflection
kandwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2022, 10:43 AM   #1068
Semwize
Guru
Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by kandwo View Post
I guess I'll have to keep to Android based readers, where the dictionaries support inflection
If you really want to, you can convert the dictionaries you need to Kindle for Kobo. I don't see any obstacles. If someone really needs it, he will do it quite.
Semwize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2022, 02:39 AM   #1069
kizzzzzzza
kizzzzzzza began at the beginning.

Device: kobo libra h20
trying to merge

hey!

Im trying to what may be usual to me in one big dictionary.

Chambers1908
Websters1913
new.dicthtml-la-en
GCIDE English Dictionary
dicthtml
WordNet2

Can anyone help me merge these together please ?
kizzzzzzza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2022, 08:57 AM   #1070
Sakke
Sakke began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook Inkpad 3
Would anyone be able to help me with converting a Finnish-English stardict into the Kobo format? I've attached the desired dictionary here. I believe it is not possible to do the conversion on a MacBook.
Attached Files
File Type: bz2 stardict-comn_sdict05_fin_eng-2.4.2.tar.bz2 (1.48 MB, 91 views)
Sakke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2022, 12:15 PM   #1071
rtiangha
Evangelist
rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakke View Post
Would anyone be able to help me with converting a Finnish-English stardict into the Kobo format? I've attached the desired dictionary here. I believe it is not possible to do the conversion on a MacBook.
You can use PyGlossary to convert it on a Mac. You'll need to install Python first, plus any prerequisites or dependencies needed depending on the dictionary formats you're using (ex.. Kobo, Stardict).
rtiangha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2022, 02:25 PM   #1072
VeganBookworm
VeganBookworm began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Finally managed to create a Norwegian dictionary

To find the Norwegian dictionary (body.data) I had to look in `/System/Library/AssetsV2/com_apple_MobileAsset_DictionaryServices_dictionar yOSX/` (in my case the Norwegian dictionary was in the following path is `53f038a4c5cc41d20ab12007df55e28dc90d307f.asset/AssetData/Norwegian.dictionary/Contents/Resources/Body.data`) and then start `pyglossary` in terminal. Drop the body.data in the input source and as output source I put dicthtml_no and then type kobo dictionary.

Took me ages (months) to find a Norwegian source file and needed a couple of returned intress in getting it fixed. It turned out pretty easy
VeganBookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2022, 07:19 AM   #1073
tiyao97
tiyao97 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo forma
Hi I was wondering if anyone could help me with converting a Chinese-Chinese dictionary. I'm not familiar with coding so honestly a bit lost. Much appreciated!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1l0w...ew?usp=sharing
tiyao97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 06:20 AM   #1074
am68
am68 began at the beginning.

Hallo! I'm looking for an Esperanto - English dictionary for Kobo. The only one I found is in mobi version and I guess it's not so easy to convert it for Kobo. Is there anyone aware of an Esperanto dictionary suitable for Kobo? Thanks a lot in advance!
am68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 01:38 AM   #1075
takfarinas
takfarinas began at the beginning.

Device: kobo h2o libra
hello
i am still looking for a German arabic dictionary for kobo
I found one here but its so poor
thanks a lot
takfarinas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 05:23 PM   #1076
rtiangha
Evangelist
rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiyao97 View Post
Hi I was wondering if anyone could help me with converting a Chinese-Chinese dictionary. I'm not familiar with coding so honestly a bit lost. Much appreciated!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1l0w...ew?usp=sharing
Well, since no one else did, I decided to take a stab at this. Haven't tested it, though. It ended up too big to attach to the post. Hope it works!

dicthml-zh.zip
Wordcount: 46804
Old 04-29-2022, 01:32 AM   #1077
takfarinas

Hello everybody

I wish to find a video to teach us how to convert und to use Penelope or Github to creat new dictionaries for kobo because its not easy
thanks a lot
Old 04-29-2022, 11:21 AM   #1078
rtiangha
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by takfarinas View Post
Hello everybody

I wish to find a video to teach us how to convert und to use Penelope or Github to creat new dictionaries for kobo because its not easy
thanks a lot
Did you try searching on YouTube or Google? This was like the first hit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lEAemGQQs8
Old 05-02-2022, 01:29 AM   #1079
takfarinas

this pyglosary need python so its complicated for me
thanks a lot for your answer
Old 05-02-2022, 02:31 AM   #1080
Semwize
Guru
Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by am68 View Post
Hallo! I'm looking for an Esperanto - English dictionary for Kobo. The only one I found is in mobi version and I guess it's not so easy to convert it for Kobo. Is there anyone aware of an Esperanto dictionary suitable for Kobo? Thanks a lot in advance!
Glossary Builder: Ali Jahanshiri, Wordcount: 20,543
Esperanto_English_Dictionary.kobo.zip

Glossary Builder: Marcos Franco, Wordcount: 19,782
Esperanto_English.kobo.zip
Semwize is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobo dictionaries