Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 01-27-2022, 01:06 AM   #1
surg
surg began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2021
Coversion from EPUB breaks formatting

Hi All,
I ran across format issues when converting some books for my kids Kindle Paperwhite 2021. Books with lots of pictures, I mainly convert from EPUB to AZW3 or PDF. Some books come out great and some completely unusable.

Image 1 shows EPUB sample in Calibre viewer. Notice how text and images overlap. When I expand the viewer, everything begins to look normal as shown on image 2. After conversion is done from EPUB to any format, AZW3, PDF or even EPUB again, all the font appears to be shrunk to a tiny size - image 3.

I've tried different versions of Calibre from from 4.23 to 5.35, a few different options in the app but with no luck.

Thanks in advance!

image 1

image 2

image 3

surg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 01:15 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
this will be a fixed layout epub these are not supported in calibre.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-27-2022, 01:22 AM   #3
surg
surg began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
this will be a fixed layout epub these are not supported in calibre.
Are there any workarounds? I noticed that books that do convert correctly of the same type and series, have their text and images converted into .jpg, which is then reference from .html pages.

If not, any plans to add support for fixed layout epub?

Thank you!
surg is offline   Reply With Quote