Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 10-18-2013, 07:43 AM   #1
madzharov
madzharov began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
metadata not being updated

Hello,

I saw a similar thread started a bit earlier in the same part of the forum, but I believe my issue is somewhat different.
What I want to achieve is to transfer several books to my Kindle and view them in particular format:

{author_sort}/{series} - {series_index} - {title} - {authors}

I've set this up for both "Save to disk" and "Send to device" and indeed, when checking the file system on the Kindle or on my local disk, the book names look as I need them to look, however, when I start my kindle, the transfered books are in format {title} - {authors}.
I'm sure that I am missing something here, but I'll appreciate any help or assistance provided .

Thanks!
madzharov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 07:48 AM   #2
madzharov

One small addition - The "Kindle Device Interface" plugin does show the same format as I require:

{author_sort}/{series} - {series_index} - {title} - {authors}

Thanks
Advert
Old 10-18-2013, 08:34 AM   #3
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
The chances are you Kindle is not looking at the filenames, but at the metadata embedded inside the ebook file. If that is the case then you should look at the Calibre Metadata Plugboard facility that is explicitly aimed at formatting the metadata inside the book for a particular device type at the time you do the Send to Device/Folder.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 12:02 PM   #4
madzharov

Thanks for answering.
Are you referring to the "The calibre template language" of the help page or there is something else I am missing?
In calibre itself I can only find Preferences > Import/Export > Metadata plugboards, where there is no information on how exactly to modify the source template.
Old 10-18-2013, 12:06 PM   #5
madzharov

Nailed it
Thank you for pointing me to the solution!
Advert