Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-21-2017, 10:16 AM   #1
tlc
Zealot
tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: KK 3G, iPad
Oopsie. Messed up a bunch of metadata.

What I need: Can anyone tell me how to check/correct a large quantity of metadata when my amazon-ids are suspect? Something that would work on exact matches of Title & Author only and give a list of bad amazon-ids?

What happened:
I've been using the review feature of the background meta data download a lot lately. My titles and authors were in good shape, so it was configured to download minimal fields. Some runs were Comments and Languages. Some were just Languages. The Amazon-ID is implied when getting metadata from amazon.

Anyway, in the middle of reviewing data, I saw the title of a book that I knew was not at Amazon. I checked with a foreground metadata download from the Edit page and it was matching something that was not the same book at all, but the title shared some words. (And my author field was Unknown.)

So now I understand better that metadata lookups are fuzzy and I have no idea how many of my Amazon-ids and comments are wrong. It may only be Unknown author books, but I don't know.

Last edited by tlc; 05-21-2017 at 10:32 AM.
tlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 02:55 PM   #2
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
In order to detect then undo/reverse erroneous bulk metadata download changes hours or days after they are made, I personally use this:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=285661

Obviously it has to be installed and activated before it can begin to help you undo bad metadata changes, but better late than never.

DaltonST
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert