Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 02-18-2011, 11:34 PM   #1
barb2cats
Connoisseur
barb2cats can eat soup with a fork.barb2cats can eat soup with a fork.barb2cats can eat soup with a fork.barb2cats can eat soup with a fork.barb2cats can eat soup with a fork.barb2cats can eat soup with a fork.barb2cats can eat soup with a fork.barb2cats can eat soup with a fork.barb2cats can eat soup with a fork.barb2cats can eat soup with a fork.barb2cats can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Cybook Gen3, Kindle 2, iPhone, VIZIO
Early Gen3: SD card trouble - ebooks vanish

My Gen3 is one from NAEB. (?Feb. 2008 or so)
It began to give me: "Library 0" several weeks ago.
Thanks to various threads on MobileRead, I 'fixed' it by doing a check disk --

Then, a few weeks later, it again began to give: "Library 0" -- running check disk on the SD 'fixed' it for a day or so. This cycle worked for about a week or so.

Then, today when it gave me "Library 0", check disk did nothing.
But upon looking to see what was in the SD card, it showed up totally empty.

After running check disk on the SD, the standard Gen 3 folders showed up, but they were empty of ebooks etc.

So, I transferred a few books onto the SD, put it into the Gen 3, and have been able to read on the Gen 3 today -- I used it intermittently, and each time was able to access the library and the ebooks.

Does anyone have an idea as to what is going on?

Is there something I should be doing that I am not yet doing?

Initially, when it was new, my Gen 3 had to be sent back to Bookeen, as neither I nor Derek Benner could install the first update.

I am still running Version 1.0, Build 708, because I was unable to install the next update as when it came, and was OK with using it as a simple ebook reader.

All this is probably too much information, but I wanted to make sure I was giving sufficient detail.

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions you might have.

Barb
barb2cats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 04:00 AM   #2
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Maybe the the card is faulty? Try with a different card.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-20-2011, 12:53 AM   #3
barb2cats
Connoisseur
barb2cats can eat soup with a fork.barb2cats can eat soup with a fork.barb2cats can eat soup with a fork.barb2cats can eat soup with a fork.barb2cats can eat soup with a fork.barb2cats can eat soup with a fork.barb2cats can eat soup with a fork.barb2cats can eat soup with a fork.barb2cats can eat soup with a fork.barb2cats can eat soup with a fork.barb2cats can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Cybook Gen3, Kindle 2, iPhone, VIZIO
Thank you. I'll try a different card.

Barb
barb2cats is offline   Reply With Quote