Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-17-2023, 05:06 PM   #1
oysterflowers
oysterflowers began at the beginning.

Device: kindle touch 2
Post I might have found a way to purcharse Active Content on Kindle

As many of you know, Active Content has been discontinued. This is, for many people such as myself, a tragedy of sorts.
You see, i believe on content being archived and something like Active Content being lost (including possibly amazing stories like Dusk World) hurts me to the very depts of my archivist soul.
Upon trial and error I believe i might have found a way to still purchase these titles that were believed to be completely unnaccesible.
That is to say, they can be purchased, but in order for them to be accesible might some clever scheming and bothering support. And fair warning, they might not even be accesible once purchased!
I am hesitant to explain how due to the possibility of someone somehow informing amazon of this, an action that would result on all this content being lost.
So if anyone is interested in assisting me on this task (especially if they have the means and desire to buy Active Content themselves) please do contact me via PM so that we can further explore this.
oysterflowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2023, 03:20 PM   #2
bugmen00t
Connoisseur
bugmen00t rocks like Gibraltar!bugmen00t rocks like Gibraltar!bugmen00t rocks like Gibraltar!bugmen00t rocks like Gibraltar!bugmen00t rocks like Gibraltar!bugmen00t rocks like Gibraltar!bugmen00t rocks like Gibraltar!bugmen00t rocks like Gibraltar!bugmen00t rocks like Gibraltar!bugmen00t rocks like Gibraltar!bugmen00t rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindle Keyboard + Kindle Voyage WiFi + Kindle PW11 Kids
What's the last device/firmware version that still support AC?
Kindle Touch? Kindle Paperwhite 1st gen?
bugmen00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-22-2023, 03:51 PM   #3
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugmen00t View Post
What's the last device/firmware version that still support AC?
Kindle Touch? Kindle Paperwhite 1st gen?
Any kindle that can run 5.8.x (and is running) or lower. So, Oasis 1 or earlier. (Don't know the earliest possible.)
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2023, 06:00 PM   #4
Frogm4n
Zealot
Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
The 7th gen dropped support for it. The official Amazon page for it is long dead, but the relevant part was quoted here:

Quote:
Kindle active content is available on Kindle DX (2nd Generation), Kindle (2nd Generation), Kindle Keyboard (3rd Generation), Kindle Touch (4th Generation), Kindle (5th Generation), Kindle Paperwhite (5th Generation), and Kindle Paperwhite (6th Generation).

Kindle active content is not compatible with Fire tablets, Kindle Voyage (7th Generation), Kindle Paperwhite (7th Generation), Kindle (7th Generation), and Kindle reading apps.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...97&postcount=2
Frogm4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2023, 06:42 PM   #5
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

But, to be clear, support was dropped via firmware update. Devices that are still running earlier firmware still can run AC, such as the kindlet version of KUAL.
Advert
Old 10-23-2023, 09:46 PM   #6
oysterflowers
oysterflowers began at the beginning.

Device: kindle touch 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
But, to be clear, support was dropped via firmware update. Devices that are still running earlier firmware still can run AC, such as the kindlet version of KUAL.
This is correct. I am still pestering support on the hopes that someone can manage to add the content to my account in the same way people who've purchased it before they shut the apps down have it linked to theirs.
oysterflowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2024, 04:46 PM   #7
Sol Arkite
Zealot
Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: KV; PW3 ; PW2 ; k5; KT2
Quote:
Any kindle that can run 5.8.x (and is running) or lower. So, Oasis 1 or earlier. (Don't know the earliest possible.)
Haven’t we let enough time pass to hack the files so all the devices can play the active content games?
Sol Arkite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2024, 07:36 PM   #8
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer

Time passing is not enough. People have to actually (successfully) hack. It looks like the set of people willing and able to do so is empty.
Old 06-08-2024, 09:38 PM   #9
Sol Arkite
Zealot
Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: KV; PW3 ; PW2 ; k5; KT2
Quote:
Time passing is not enough. People have to actually (successfully) hack. It looks like the set of people willing and able to do so is empty.
Wish I knew how to do the work. I know that there is a bit of code that makes the file device specific. ( and of course, particular for a device able to handle active content.)
I could supply files to anyone with the knowledge
Sol Arkite is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
active content, archive.org, azw2, kindle