Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-12-2013, 11:36 AM   #1
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Dead Hard Drive & T1 Blues

Had to replace the hard drive on my PC and now cannot move books from it to my T1. The hard drive crashed but I had it backed up on an external drive. But, when I opened my Sony Reader for the PC, all the non-Sony books are no longer shown in my Library. I've got those all loaded elsewhere on the drive so recovering them won't be a problem.

But today, I bought a book from Kobo and can't get it to load to my T1. I'm thinking maybe I have to reauthorize my laptop as it has a new drive. Is that the case?

Right now I have seven laptops authorized. Do I need to de-authorize some of them?

Appreciate any advice
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 11:47 AM   #2
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
If you can see the Sony books I don't think you'd have to reauthorize the laptop. I believe it's because the Reader for PC defaults to show only Sony books. There is a drop-down on the main page, select all books and then you should see all of your books. If they're in the library that is. If they're not, then just add them and then make sure you select all books not just the Sony ones.

**edit**
It's called All Available Books or Books Purchased from local Reader Store. Select All Available Books and then all of your books should show up.

Last edited by Shopaholic; 10-12-2013 at 11:50 AM.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-12-2013, 11:57 AM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

When I select all available books, it only shows the non Sony books I have and that is the Kobo book I bought today plus one I downloaded from MobileRead a year or so a go. All the other non-Sony books I had don't show but, like I said, I have them on my hard drive and can import them. Also, my Collections in my Library seem to have disappeared. So I created a new one and put the Kobo book in there but, as I said, it doesn't mover over to the reader.
Old 10-12-2013, 12:32 PM   #4
chrisridd
Guru
chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura ONE, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidym View Post
But today, I bought a book from Kobo and can't get it to load to my T1. I'm thinking maybe I have to reauthorize my laptop as it has a new drive. Is that the case?
Did you restore a full backup of your old laptop drive to your new one, or did you just manually copy stuff across between the drives?

What happens if you run Adobe Digital Editions on your PC, does it complain that it can't open your DRMed books? If so, I reckon you need to reauthorize your laptop.
chrisridd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 01:23 PM   #5
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer

Got it! I used the Sync feature and that did the trick.

Thanks
Advert