Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 08-31-2023, 06:52 AM   #1
rfog
Guru
rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots of eInk devices and iOS stuff
PDF reader + annotator with true black and inverse mode

I've tried a lot of PDF viewers/annotators for Android, but they all have the same problems: no real and working dark and/or inverted mode. There are some that allow you to invert the colors of the PDF, but the outside of the viewer is white or fairly bright grays (like XODO), and others simply don't have the option to invert the text (and/or images). What I mean is white letters and a black background when the default PDF has a white background and black letters.

Among the most common I have tried:
- XODO (you have to pay to have a really dark background), sometimes it doesn't save the changes in the clouds
- ezPDF (does not read from clouds)
- MoonReader+ (does not support standard PDF annotation)
- KOReader (does not support standard PDF annotation)
- The one that comes integrated with Samsung tablets and MS Office, as well as OneDrive and Google...

(I don't mind paying for an app, but not a subscription just so I can choose a more comfortable theme for my eyes.)

Does anyone know of a decent viewer? Thank you
rfog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2023, 01:16 PM   #2
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Turn down the brightness and use regular mode.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-01-2023, 04:28 AM   #3
rfog
Guru
rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots of eInk devices and iOS stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
Turn down the brightness and use regular mode.
Not enough to me. Too bright to read in the night, even with the extra attenuation of Samsung devices, and a waste of blacks in OLED screens.
rfog is offline   Reply With Quote