Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-25-2014, 07:48 PM   #1
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Kobo Desktop 3.9.0

I now have Desktop 3.9 and I can't access Kobo on it to sign in. The message I get is:

'Network Error
Oops, something happened to your internet connection. Please check your connection and try again.'

Well as you can see by my starting this thread and writing this post, there is nothing wrong with my internet connection!

Also, I decided to try and overcome this wobbly by just downloading the Desktop anew from the Kobo site, and I get the same message.

Anyone else experiencing this?
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 12:33 AM   #2
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've gone back to using Desktop 3.8 (got the file from Murg's thread) and it's working fine.

So is there a problem with logging in with Desktop 3.9?
Advert
Old 07-27-2014, 04:59 PM   #3
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx-lynx View Post
I've gone back to using Desktop 3.8 (got the file from Murg's thread) and it's working fine.

So is there a problem with logging in with Desktop 3.9?
This is a bit weird. There are no version specific links for the Desktop, you get the current one.

And 3.9.0 is the current one, unless they've rolled it back. I'm running 3.9.0 and have been for a few weeks.
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 08:25 PM   #4
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...

Ooops .... I just assumed that I was downloading 3.8 from that link

Turns out, now that I've checked the version I see that it's 3.9!!

So I wonder what on earth went wrong when I couldn't sign in a few days ago ..... oh well, it's working now!!
Old 07-28-2014, 08:54 AM   #5
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx-lynx View Post
Ooops .... I just assumed that I was downloading 3.8 from that link

Turns out, now that I've checked the version I see that it's 3.9!!

So I wonder what on earth went wrong when I couldn't sign in a few days ago ..... oh well, it's working now!!
Welcome to the wonderful world of software!
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-28-2014, 10:45 AM   #6
forster01
Groupie
forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Aura HD, Kindle, Amazon Fire HD
Mistake, sorry.
forster01 is offline   Reply With Quote