Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-15-2017, 01:14 AM   #1
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Glo HD just auto updated

So I'm reading and really into my book and the rude little reader goes into update mode. So

Where is the patches? Are they out yet? Of all the time to do this to me right before bed Kobo!

Sent from my XT1528
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 03:40 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Here is the link to the patches for Firmware version 4.2.8432.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=283236
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-15-2017, 06:44 AM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
So I'm reading and really into my book and the rude little reader goes into update mode. So
Was this an update from 3.19.5761? And do you have the auto-sync turned on? If so, then it was done during the auto-sync. This is something that has been changed in one of the 4.x firmware versions. The auto-sync won't happen while you are using the device.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 10:25 AM   #4
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Was this an update from 3.19.5761? And do you have the auto-sync turned on? If so, then it was done during the auto-sync. This is something that has been changed in one of the 4.x firmware versions. The auto-sync won't happen while you are using the device.
Yes it auto updated from 3.19 firmware. I was reading and boom it went into auto update mode. It seems to be syncing like crazy with the new firmware.

I'm going to need some hand holding. Jon thanks for the link but what do I download? It says Aura One I have a Glo HD.

Sent from my XT1528
Old 02-15-2017, 10:59 AM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Link to the Glo HD 4.28432 ZIP file --> http://download.kobobooks.com/firmwa...e-4.2.8432.zip

With this ZIP file and the patches, you can patch your Glo HD as long as it is running 4.2.8432.
Advert
Old 02-15-2017, 11:36 AM   #6
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Thanks Jon. I got the Glo HD charging so later tonight I'll give it a go. I'd forgotten what default reader formatting looks like. I need my patches!

Sent from my XT1528
Old 02-15-2017, 01:35 PM   #7
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Blossom, if you don't want it to happen again, you can install the patch that blocks the updates
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 08:46 PM   #8
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Link to the Glo HD 4.28432 ZIP file --> http://download.kobobooks.com/firmwa...e-4.2.8432.zip

With this ZIP file and the patches, you can patch your Glo HD as long as it is running 4.2.8432.
Jon These new patch files are greek to me. I notice Custom reading footer style is missing has that been replaced by something else? I'm lost.
Old 02-16-2017, 11:31 PM   #9
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Okay thanks to Jon's help I got it all patched. Turns out there is a new patch file so now there are three patch files instead of two for epubs. Someone in the dev corner let me know.

Let me just say I hate the new keyboard with this update. Very awkward to use.

Sent from my XT1528
Old 02-17-2017, 02:47 PM   #10
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Okay thanks to Jon's help I got it all patched. Turns out there is a new patch file so now there are three patch files instead of two for epubs. Someone in the dev corner let me know.
Happy to help.

Quote:
Let me just say I hate the new keyboard with this update. Very awkward to use.
What about the keyboard that you do not like?
Old 02-17-2017, 02:54 PM   #11
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Happy to help.

What about the keyboard that you do not like?
The old keyboard looked like a keyboard. It was easy to type with. This one is just spaced out letters and the letters are really small with huge space in between. Not user friendly for me.

Sent from my Nexus 7