Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-08-2022, 03:58 PM   #1
Maksym.Ras
Maksym.Ras began at the beginning.

Device: kindle kids edition
Unhappy Help me unbrick my KT4

I bought Kindle 10th gen in my local store (Ukraine) and it is not official. I bricked it and it is not a warranty case.

I thought this is PW4, because of the name and used this guide https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=335590, but it turned out that this is separate kids version.
It stuck on "Please wait a moment while your Kindle starts up." screen after "Home -> Menu -> Settings -> Menu -> Update Your Kindle". I tried to hold down power button and many guides from internet but it seems like button/usb plugging techniques are not working here.

Is there a utility to reinstall the firmware on this device? If I did not unplug it in the middle of installation, maybe it is not bricked forever and can be saved?

Serial number G090VB

Thanks for your attention.
Maksym.Ras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2022, 06:15 PM   #2
katadelos
rm -rf /
katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K5, KT, KT2, KT3, KT4, KV, PW2, PW3, PW4, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
Unless you're okay with the possibility of getting a brick, I wouldn't try it. Someone was brave enough to test it on a KT4 and the diags bricked it.
Your device is permanently bricked, there's literally nothing that you can do to fix it.
katadelos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-08-2022, 11:15 PM   #3
dhdurgee
Guru
dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3W, PW4
Quote:
Originally Posted by katadelos View Post
Your device is permanently bricked, there's literally nothing that you can do to fix it.
Any chance Popcorn would work?

Dave
dhdurgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2022, 08:41 AM   #4
Maksym.Ras
Maksym.Ras began at the beginning.

Device: kindle kids edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhdurgee View Post
Any chance Popcorn would work?

Dave
could somebody delete my post? I want to try to return it as a warranty case and I don't want that somebody from service center to find it.
Maksym.Ras is offline   Reply With Quote