Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-10-2019, 02:40 PM   #1
droopy
Guru
droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Forma wakes/powers on w/ held-with-left-hand orientation. I hold with right hand.

I hold my Kobo Forma with my right hand. Whenever it wakes or powers on, the orientation always starts upside down (as though I were holding it with my left hand) before the text page/PINcode page flips right-side up. How can I make the default orientation "right-hand" orientation? I don't want to waste 5 seconds every time I pick up my Kobo
droopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 08:40 PM   #2
ratinox
Fanatic
ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Forma, iPad Air 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by droopy View Post
I hold my Kobo Forma with my right hand. Whenever it wakes or powers on, the orientation always starts upside down (as though I were holding it with my left hand) before the text page/PINcode page flips right-side up. How can I make the default orientation "right-hand" orientation? I don't want to waste 5 seconds every time I pick up my Kobo
It's the other way around: default up orientation from power off is buttons on the right. I don't know if this can be changed, maybe a firmware patch can do it?

Some things to try: Set the button controls to default. Change autorotation to Portrait. Instal the current (4.18.17373) firmware. One of these has made left-handed (buttons on the left) work a lot better for me.
ratinox is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-10-2019, 09:07 PM   #3
poczynek
Zealot
poczynek is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.poczynek is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.poczynek is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.poczynek is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.poczynek is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.poczynek is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.poczynek is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.poczynek is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.poczynek is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.poczynek is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.poczynek is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Mine does the same thing but really it is more like 2 seconds.

It is also quite finicky with turning it upside down even if slightly tilted however i mitigated that a little in the dev options by changing it from 65 degrees to 80 degrees.

The ultimate thing i would love is the ability for it to be permanently portrait with buttons on the right.
poczynek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 09:31 PM   #4
droopy
Guru
droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hi ratinox
Thank you for your reply. I already have the latest firmware installed 4.18. My orientation is already on portrait.

Since I have got my Kobo forma, I have switched the previous and next buttons. When I put the buttons back to normal, it resolves the problem that I presented in my op. But I don't want to use the buttons on the regular way. I like my buttons inverted .
droopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 03:46 AM   #5
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by poczynek View Post
The ultimate thing i would love is the ability for it to be permanently portrait with buttons on the right.
This
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert