Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-19-2024, 11:12 AM   #1156
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
The script doesn't download the zip package to be installed. It merely installs it. See the second post.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2024, 08:52 PM   #1157
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzie View Post
The script doesn't download the zip package to be installed. It merely installs it. See the second post.
Sadly, NixOS does not run the install.sh script even then one of the OCP package files is present.

What I found on a VM running NixOS was that I need to install unzip (nix-env -i unzip) and bash (nix-env -i bash).

I then editing the shebang line at the start of the install.sh script to read:
Code:
#!/usr/bin/env bash
and saved it as installnx.sh.

When I then ran ./installnx.sh, it came back and told me no Kobo ereader was mounted. I didn't take it any further than that.

Code:
-rwxr-xr-x 1 david users     6578 Sep 19 17:44 installnx.sh
-rwxr-xr-x 1 david users     6570 Apr 17  2023 install.sh
-rw-r--r-- 1 david users 46005274 Sep 17 22:16 OCP-KOReader-v2024.07.zip

[david@nixos:~/Downloads/temp]$ ./installnx.sh
Couldn't find a Kobo eReader volume! Is one actually mounted?
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2024, 01:16 AM   #1158
marzuriza
marzuriza began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Hello. Long time KOReader user here and I've just started running into issues. Somehow, my Kobo Libra 2 updated and I wasn't able to access NickelMenu/KoReader from the Kobo start page so I decided to install Koreader again following the steps on the first 2 posts.

I downloaded the first Koreader zip file and dragged those files to my connected Kobo and when I ejected, my Kobo restarted and had me choose a language, connect to wifi, and activate the Kobo. It wasn't a total factory reset as my ebooks were still on my Kobo Reader.

I then decided to follow the method in post 2 using my Macbook. However, when I ran the install.command script, I got an error saying "Couldn't find a Kobo eReader volume! Is one actually mounted?"

I've tried installing KFMon and Koreader separately by dragging the individual folders in each zip to my Kobo Reader and my reader keeps resetting each time I disconnect, asking me to choose a language, wifi, activate. So I'm unsure of what to do. Please help.
marzuriza is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kfmon, kobo, koreader, plato