Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-01-2024, 04:03 PM   #31
Daviteusz
Enthusiast
Daviteusz can teach chickens to fly.Daviteusz can teach chickens to fly.Daviteusz can teach chickens to fly.Daviteusz can teach chickens to fly.Daviteusz can teach chickens to fly.Daviteusz can teach chickens to fly.Daviteusz can teach chickens to fly.Daviteusz can teach chickens to fly.Daviteusz can teach chickens to fly.Daviteusz can teach chickens to fly.Daviteusz can teach chickens to fly.

Device: KOA3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninki View Post
Yes, Just like that
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daviteusz View Post
[...]
Important:
—————————————
• Use at your own risk!

• If you are new to jailbreak, turn off WiFi! (via Aeroplane/Airplane mode).
• Remove the update.bin.tmp.partial file (if it exists) from the Kindle root directory.
If you use renameotabin, you must Restore OTA Binaries before using BinaryRenamer.

Usage:
[...]
BinaryRenamer and renameotabin are not compatible. Restore changes made by renameotabin and then use BinaryRenamer.
Daviteusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2024, 06:01 AM   #32
Yuin
Yuin began at the beginning.

Device: paperwhite
after i tap block device logging and reboot .
i got stuck on screen. help!

iam using PW2 2012
Yuin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2024, 02:37 AM   #33
Daviteusz
Enthusiast
Daviteusz can teach chickens to fly.Daviteusz can teach chickens to fly.Daviteusz can teach chickens to fly.Daviteusz can teach chickens to fly.Daviteusz can teach chickens to fly.Daviteusz can teach chickens to fly.Daviteusz can teach chickens to fly.Daviteusz can teach chickens to fly.Daviteusz can teach chickens to fly.Daviteusz can teach chickens to fly.Daviteusz can teach chickens to fly.

In which screen?
Old 06-06-2024, 10:34 AM   #34
Yuin

in start up screen (screen with boy and tree). its just stuck / freeze.
i cant going into home screen.
i still can access to system diags but cant connect to kindle usb storage.
i think and hopefully system diags can still save my device but iam not know how to it since i jailbreak it very long ago.
Old 06-06-2024, 03:43 PM   #35
studynet
Enthusiast
studynet began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 10th
I have a serious problem, when I lock and then unlock the Wi-Fi does not come back. Wi-Fi is not activated, how can I activate it?
There seems to be some kind of problem. The kindle is a signature edition.
studynet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2024, 06:55 AM   #36
Daviteusz
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuin View Post
in start up screen (screen with boy and tree). its just stuck / freeze.
i cant going into home screen.
i still can access to system diags but cant connect to kindle usb storage.
i think and hopefully system diags can still save my device but iam not know how to it since i jailbreak it very long ago.
Sorry, I think I can post you only some instructions how to unbrick pw2, but I didn't tested these tutorials:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBquDhGZXoU
https://gist.github.com/TobiasWooldr...ca75190b9a473f

Apparently changing the name of the binaries for older fw versions is not a good idea, I will add the information to the main post, it won't help you, but others will miss the problem thanks to this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by studynet View Post
I have a serious problem, when I lock and then unlock the Wi-Fi does not come back. Wi-Fi is not activated, how can I activate it?
There seems to be some kind of problem. The kindle is a signature edition.
Undo the changes made in BinaryRenamer and see if this has solved the problem. If not, then the cause may be different.

Last edited by Daviteusz; 06-08-2024 at 07:08 AM.
Old 06-12-2024, 07:31 AM   #37
Yuin

thanks for respond , unfortunately unbrick with soldering skill is beyond my skill.
i still hope someone can sharing other method.
Old 06-12-2024, 01:03 PM   #38
hexhexhex
hexhexhex began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daviteusz View Post
Block Device Logging:
Warning!:
• Reading logs will not be possible anymore, the showlog -f command no longer works (it does not exist).
I'm very new to kindle developing so I'm not very familiar with the systems involved; but wouldn't it be simpler to sink the API/server calls in `/etc/hosts` instead? That way logs are still functional for local use.
hexhexhex is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle, logs, ota, rename, renameotabin