View Single Post
Old 02-01-2019, 07:00 PM   #9
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
I nominate Come, Tell Me How You Live: An Archaeological Memoir by Agatha Christie.

Amazon US - USD$8.99 | Amazon UK - £6.99 | Amazon CA - CDN$9.99 | Amazon AU - AUD$10.99 | Kobo US - USD$8.99 | Kobo UK - £6.99 | Kobo CA - CAD$9.99 | Kobo AU AUD$10.99 | 236 pages

Description from Goodreads:
Quote:
Agatha Christie was already a celebrated writer of mysteries in 1930 when she married archaeologist Max Mallowan. She enthusiastically joined him on archaeological expeditions in the Middle East, providing backgrounds for novels and "everyday doings and happenings". Pre-war Syria years are remembered here, not chronologically, but in a cluster of vignettes about servants and aristocrats who peppered their lives with annoyances and pleasures.
I realise this is rather a different take on the theme, but I figure it fits both parts: A memoir from Agatha Christie who wrote books about murder, and what is archaeology if not the pursuit of things long dead? (Okay, so it's a bit of a twist away from Deadly Pursuits , but close enough.)

I have not yet read this, but it's been on my radar since HarryT recommended it to me more than 2 years ago.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote