View Single Post
Old 07-12-2019, 01:15 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grn View Post
Hey everyone. newcomer here, salute and best wishes. I hope I could be contributive for anything I can.

Anyways, title says it all. I have Glo HD with 3.14 firmware. Nothing have changed though, I have a huge collection and all of the books come directly from the pc itself, and they are mostly my class notes. there are lots of them and it's more painful than a championship crosswords sometimes to find a specific note in the device.

a basic Herodotus.pdf would show as the creators windows username as author and some gibberish as title. as it was "Michael / new pdf document" in the list the device shows me.

so including epubs and all the fromats, I want my device to show straightforward filenames instead of author-title tags. I don't need them. All my books are already arranged by filenames like "Milton - Paradise lost (1765 print)" etc. so, it gets very confusing when browsing inside the reader interface.

I already peeked and couldn't find anything to change inside the sqlite file. if you know a solution to this, please tell me.

2. this issue again, the search option only searches for tags instead of filenames. and yet again I'm forced to find a document manually browsing among hundreds of others.

Long story short; I want to be able to browse, sort search and see my books by their barebone filenames inside the reader, instead of tags.

3. is there any way to read jp2 files? Do I have to convert them into pdf's or ocr them through into epub's? are there plugins?
My personal recommendations would be either:

1. Use KoReader if you are reading mostly pdf files (place the files in a directory starting with a '.' to keep the Kobo firmware from processing them. I.e. .KRLibrary Check the Developer's Corner here for the one-click installers for KFMon, KOReader and/or Plato.

2. Use calibre to edit the metadata and then send the files to your Kobo.

I'm not sure what you mean by reading a jp2 file? I seem to remember that a jp2 file is a jpeg variant using wavelet compression. You could convert them to a standard jpeg and then your Kobo would display them as images.

Last edited by DNSB; 07-12-2019 at 01:17 PM. Reason: added link to One Click Install Packages
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote