View Single Post
Old 11-06-2021, 05:31 PM   #58
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
I seem to vaguely recall something about Internet Archive using some sort of proprietary compression tech, but I'm having a hard time trying to pull enough details from my memory to be able to actually find anything on it - it's possible I might've posted before about it so I'll look.
Found it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Yes, I've seen the invisible text layer on some PDFs from other sources. From what I recall, the Internet Archive uses LuraTech's brand of mixed-raster content compression. Basically there's several different images and the text all layered on each page. It's pretty efficient in filesize, but slow to render and can look pretty terrible if done poorly.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote