View Single Post
Old 12-17-2018, 10:04 AM   #6
JIPG-reader
Zealot
JIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo Aura H2O Ed2, Onyx Boox C67ML
Quote:
Originally Posted by please55 View Post
So I'm trying to follow through on method 1 (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=273820).

I've downloaded the firmware and patch. Wasn't clear at all but I think the next step was to open libnickel.so.1.0.0.yaml (I found this is src folder kobopatch) in notepad and enable each patch you wanted.

You're then supposed to edit libnickel.so.1.0.0.patch but I don't see any files in the directory ending with .patch. Are you supposed to put everything in the spoilers anywhere in the file including the <Patch>?
Spoiler:
<Patch>
patch_name = `Allow searches on Extra dictionaries`
patch_enable = `yes`
#
# To allow searches on Extra dictionaries change space character at end of "Extra: " to another char (ex: "Extra:_")
# The space char causes a non-desired "English - English" when searching on Extra dictionary from main menu.
#
#replace_bytes = BA9478, 20, 5F
#
find_base_address = `\0E\0x\0t\0r\0a\0:\0\x20`
replace_string = 000d, `\x20`, `_`
</Patch>
You have to activate (put patch_enable = `yes` instead of ŽnoŽ) in the patch you have included in the Spoiler, that correspond to the file libnickel.so.1.0.0.yaml.
Maybe the problem is that now the patches are in files ended in .yaml, while before (the "old" method" the patches were called ending in .patch.

I recommend you to use the new method by geek101, as it is the only working for new fw.

If you have doubts with the new method of patching, I recommend you to read any thread about it (there are a lot with new patches).
JIPG-reader is offline   Reply With Quote