View Single Post
Old 08-28-2013, 06:26 PM   #9
Stewfish
Stewfish began at the beginning.

Device: WhitePaper
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSharks View Post
@Gingah-
I am in no way one of the developers on this forum, but consider myself an 'advanced' user. The software released by the developers on this forum is not only rock solid but significantly better than anything produced by Amazon (they won't take any bows, but they should ). As long as you follow their directions for installation, the likelihood of 'bricking' is very remote and the upgrades available make it well worth the very slim risk. I would encourage you to take the plunge... and to become an active member of the forum. Cheers!
This is encouraging Gosharks. I recieved my WP 30 minutes ago and have not even connected it to wifi. I've read about 20 posts, a bunch of sticky's, the indexes, etc. I'm trying to get a framework/foundation of everything as I am a total noob at Kindles, but not jailbreaking/rooting/etc over the years. So am I jailbreakng to load a KUAL or loading a Kual to jailbreak and add other things. Is a KUAL firmware/operating system, or just an "app"?

My goal is to load books from Calibre that are epubs and need to be changed or add a epub reader which ever is better to do. I would not mind adding things in the furture like games or other helpful apps/program. close the update so it doesn't wipe the jailbreak.

Is a Kindlet an "app"?

Where do I start? Add a rescue pack first?

Here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=198446

OR
Should I start here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=203326

I don't even know the firmware version as it is stuck on the wifi connect page and I don't want to do that if not necessary so that I don't upgrade to a newer version that is not supported.

UPDATE: I chose setup later after selecting connect to wifi. So now I have a home screen but have not been able to find a version#

I'm on the IRC chat if anyone wants to give me a few quick tips.

Last edited by Stewfish; 08-28-2013 at 06:59 PM.
Stewfish is offline   Reply With Quote