View Single Post
Old 04-22-2023, 01:01 AM   #149
rebeltaz
Connoisseur
rebeltaz will become famous soon enoughrebeltaz will become famous soon enoughrebeltaz will become famous soon enoughrebeltaz will become famous soon enoughrebeltaz will become famous soon enoughrebeltaz will become famous soon enough

Device: Entourage Pocket eDge
So I was able to get LibrarianSync installed and running, so I don't need it for categories anymore, but I would still like to be able to fake register this so that the dictionary works.

I've found another oddity with fake registering using this method, in addition to books being hidden (or maybe another symptom of the same problem).

I added a heap of books, categorized them with LibrarianSync and everything was working great. I noticed that I couldn't use the dictionary (highlighting a word to look up the definition) without the Kindle being unregistered. So I re-did the fake registration and rebooted. Now, when I click on certain books (maybe all, but I only tried a few) I am told that there was an error and that if the book was downloaded from Amazon, that it should be redownloaded. This is on books that opened fine before the fake registration. As a matter of fact, I was in the middle of reading one of them! I undid the registration and once again the books could be opened and read just fine.

The books in question are de-DRMed and I made sure that they are being uploaded to the Kindle as mobi and not the azw3 format. Not sure why they would open on a fake registered kindle.

So... I'm still searching for answers if anyone has any idea. Thanks!

EDIT: I believe I found the answer - https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=271197 - I was missing the Amazon Name line. I used the bin in this link to make it easier and it seems to have worked. Thanks everyone involved

Last edited by rebeltaz; 04-22-2023 at 02:20 AM.
rebeltaz is offline   Reply With Quote