View Single Post
Old 01-04-2017, 05:01 PM   #16
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATDrake View Post
X-link to the DRM-free thread for a new bundle:

Humble Book Bundle Dude Care offered by publisher Callisto contains a nice-looking spread of pop-reference, business & grooming self-help, and cookbooks aimed at guys. If you've ever wondered how to cook with medical marijuana, well, this is your chance to learn. And there are also some promising-looking “lite” guides to philosophy and economics, etc.
No criticism of your post here--I liked the kinds of books that Humble Bundle posted and their generally good or better quality.

However, I'd like to give a message to the person who came up with the title of the collections ("Dude Care"): the books largely have to do with the business world and other things that were traditionally the near-exclusive domain of men. For the most part, they aren't now.

In fact, at least one book, The Portable Essential Oils, might be of more interest to women than men. I don't know very many (in fact, none) men who are into that.

Maybe you were thinking about the bodybuilding cookbook? Fine, that might be one book (out of how many books--20? 30? in the whole Humble Bundle collection). But, have you watched any bodybuilding competitions on TV lately? There are lots of women bodybuilders now.

About the only book that I saw that might be significantly more applicable to men is the one about barbequing (sp?)--for some reason men seem to be much more interested in that than women.

I'm not one who thinks much of the whole Political Correctness thing. But, the title "Dude Care" struck me as being sexist. I'm going to take the high road here and just assume that you used "dude care" because there is no female counterpart to "dude" (like "dudess") that you could have used.

Warm Regards,
GtrsRGr8
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote