View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 11:30 AM   #1
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
Lots of questions about the Paperwhite

I got a chance to play a bit with a friend's Paperwhite - beautiful, flawless screen - while teaching him how to use Calibre. I'm this >< close to ordering a PW for myself now, but I've still got a lot of questions.

My main stalling point is collections. I have a K3, and use the Calibre Kindle Collections plugin extensively when loading my books on the K3. I think I have to jailbreak the PW to use a collections manager... is this the right jailbreak for that? and will the standard Kindle Collections Plugin work, or is there something different I have to do to automate my kindle collections?

What else will the jailbreak allow me to do? What are the risks of jailbreaking? I've never done something like that before, and am very nervous about trying it and turning my nice new PW into a brick if I do something wrong.

Is there anything else I should know before buying the PW? or about using it after I get it?
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote